Our client, one of the largest Global Insurers, is currently looking for a Project Manager to play a key role in helping deliver multiple initiatives as part of a large-scale relocation and technology refresh. The selected candidate will be joining a strong team responsible for the delivery of multiple work streams with a key focus on managing scope, time, cost and quality. A lot of the focus will be on 'fitting-out' a new state of the art, ‘SMART’ workplace, with cutting edge technology and infrastructure to support and ‘future proof’ the future working environment.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Be accountable to the overall Program Head, as well as key technology stakeholders, to deliver multiple projects and work streams within agreed timescale, quality and budget.
- Create, manage, and continually revisit the project plan(s); agree and review the plans, costs and resources with the program lead and sponsor/s.
- Ensure all project commitments are met, monitor and report on progress.
- Diagnose and evaluate potential risks and issues throughout the project and report regularly to the project sponsor and key stakeholders.
- Manage in country vendors who will be performing various aspects of the work streams, including contractors and building/construction specialists.
- Ensure appropriate standards are adopted and that effective quality controls are built into the project plan and that mechanisms are in place to review constantly.
- Follow governance and project frameworks to ensure best practice.
- Identify and manage relationships through effective communication with all stakeholders including third parties and act as a primary point of contact.
- Identify, acquires, and deploys team members and manage third parties to ensure successful project execution.
Requirements of the Role:
- Graduate qualifications in computer science, engineering, or similar/equivalent discipline.
- At least 8 years of experience in an Enterprise PM role, with experience in construction, transformation and some IT/technology ideally.
- Strong core PM skills, especially around governance, reporting, and stakeholder and vendor management.
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure, Tech risk and security is advantageous.
- Project Management Certification (e.g. Prince or PMP) is preferred.
- Solid understanding of ITIL with ITIL foundation certificate advantageous.
- Ability to communicate strongly to senior managers and stakeholders, as well as vendors.
- Demonstrable experience managing concurrent teams, workstreams and initiatives.
- English proficiency is a must.
To apply, or understand more, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Senior Project Manager” in the subject.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and in accordance with our Data Policy Statement (“Privacy Statement”).