Senior Software Engineer
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- GIG Asia
- 14 Jan 19
Gladius is a global multi-asset volatility hedge fund firm headquartered in the US and currently looking to expand our footprint in the Asia Pacific region. We are currently looking to fill the position of Senior Software Engineer in our Hong Kong office. This is a newly created position designed to expand and enhance the capabilities of our in-house platform system under the direction of our CTO.
With a focus on software design and development, the role is expected to take part in a range of projects spanning key initiatives in areas under Portfolio Management and Quantitative Research. You will be working directly with traders and engineers globally, to lead the design and implementation of backend solutions to support the front-office users.
It is not a requirement for you to have prior knowledge or experience in finance or derivatives. To succeed in this role, you must have a solid technical background, a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit, with passion to apply modern computing technology to the financial domain.
- Hands on full stack software development (backend focus)
- Propose technical design & solution
- Rapid prototyping for requirement elicitation
- Test case development & performance tuning.
- 5+ years experience in J2EE development (preferred Java 8 or above with Lambda, Stream API and Concurrency)
- Experience in Spring framework (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Security & Spring Data JPA)
- Experience in RDBMS, SQL & O/R mapping frameworks (JPA/Hibernate)
- Experience in RESTful, JSON and XML processing
- Experience in Python for data analysis
- Deep understanding of OOP, design patterns, functional programming and coding practices.
- Good understanding of data analytics & transactional system architecture
- Good understanding of Agile development concepts & practices (continuous integration, unit test)
- Self-disciplined to strive for high quality standard
- Eager to step up to challenges and willing to own/drive projects
- Good command of English as you will be working in a global team