A top tier investment bank is setting up ETF Market Making business in Hong Kong and seeking an experienced trader to lead the desk.
- Trade Hong Kong listed ETFs for institutional clients on a risk and an agency basis, using multiple hedging strategies
- Manage inventory with quantitative strategies focusing on sector mean reversion and discretionary macro views
- Provide market color and trade ideas for institutional clients
- Produce weekly reports analyzing trends in the ETF universe
- Handle customer create/redeem activity in non-equity ETFs
Business Development: Help initiate ETF market making business from all aspects, including but not limited to
- PRE-trade preparation like business negotiation, strategy investigation and system preparation
- IN-trade execution like market making, obligation overseeing, position monitoring and risk hedging
- POST-trade support like team-wise PnL calculation and other cooperation with teams from IT, Operations, Risk Management, Legal & Compliance, Finance, etc.
- 8+ years of basket trading experience from top-tier investment banks or hedge funds, with proven track record
- Strong communication skills, well versed in macro events
- Relationships with active clients a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- Fluent in English and Mandarin