- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Anson McCade
- Hong Kong
Software Engineer - VP/ED level (Asia based)
The team is responsible for delivering digital products to their institutional client base. They design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to their content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets.
They are a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
This is an opportunity to join this newly formed team and work closely with local clients and internal stakeholders to automate their Securities Division businesses in the region. The team is responsible for reflecting Asia client requirements and market structure in their global strategy, and delivering to this strategy.
As an engineer, you will be working in a close knit team at the forefront of shaping their client's experience by creating new technology driven businesses to externalize their core analytics and data to both existing clients and entirely new markets. At times you will be asked to step into the trading floor environment and at others you will be called upon to guide the decisions of leadership. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst their diverse mix of teams and functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
EXPERT KNOWLEDGE IN ONE OF MORE OF:
- Programming in a complied language such as Java, or C# or interpreted such as Python and experience with concurrency and memory management.
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDb and Elastic Search.
- Knowledge or interest in trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
WHY THIS ROLE:
- Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance.
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds.
- Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career.