Solution Architecture - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Solution Architecture
. Principal responsibilities
- Working closely with key stakeholders to identify and prioritise requirements
- Proactive collaboration in the project team to help develop the product using your experience to help guide the team through the whole development lifecycle
- Setting strategic architectural direction and demonstrating adherence to enterprise architecture
- Ensuring governance requirements are captured, and audit requirements met. Demonstrating adherence to controls
- Calculating TCO and evaluating ROI of use cases
- Hands on with planning, estimating, contributing to the architecture, coding, development
- Refactoring and continuous improvements of the code and processes is vital
- Ensuring that technical decisions and information is communicated through the global team
- Leading Threat Modelling of key use cases. Ensuring that risks are identified and mitigated or acknowledged as part of the agile development lifecycle
- Taking responsibility of releases and contributing to the ongoing support of the live apps
- Keen to collaborate with others, and you will give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
- Be able to demonstrate you can lead, motivate, mentor and coach junior team members
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Deep knowledge of software design patterns and software architecture principles
- Credibility and ability to influence senior stakeholders convincingly with well considered logic
- An individual with a strategic and innovate approach to delivery, comfortable with a high level of ambiguity prepared to relentlessly drive through extensive change to an aggressive timeline
- Provide technical thought leadership and proven ability to compare and contrast different technologies to meet a business requirement and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption
- Relevant knowledge of REST, API, Micro services and Some experience with any server side technology
- Previous experience with Test Driven Development
- You should be comfortable with pair programming, including with people from different disciplines such as Developers, and Test and Platform Engineers. You will need to work well with nontechnical team members and be able to focus on what needs to be built, and understand why
- Obsession with customer centricity and understanding customers ,jobs to be done, from a bank
- Knowledge of agile methodology and DevOps processes with cross functional teams, using Jira and Confluence
- Experience in providing thought leadership, and driving a complex change agenda, and an ability to challenge the status quo
- Have a deep knowledge of large scale enterprise business systems and solutions integration
- Enterprise scale distributed NoSQL solutions, for example MongoDB, in memory databases and caching solutions, adopted for globally distributed Digital solutions
- Excellent command on CI CD pipeline and how they affect product quality and delivery, using tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
- Cloud architecture such as PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience of High availability and contingency solutions
- Logical and Physical data modelling, Data Dictionaries
- Past working experience on API Management such as Mulesoft, Apigee, Mashery for example is desirable but not essential
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.