Solution Manager - Global Private Banking
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
Solution Manager - Global Private Banking
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Project Manager .
- Demonstrates good knowledge of Global Change Delivery Project Management Framework, supporting the creation of detailed plans including key activities and milestones
- Understands the impact of change requests to scope, time, budget or effort and helps identifies the new requirements to deliver the project successfully
- Manages progress against the plan, looking ahead and removing roadblocks to delivery. Ask questions when they do not understand, takes ownership of problems and escalates when needed. Remaining calm, knowing when to escalate, escalates with possible solutions
- Manages Risks and Issues through appropriate tracking and involving key members of the project team as appropriate
- Tracks and reports financial performance metrics and builds budget control to manage expenses
- Develops communication and reporting strategy, coordinates between stakeholders for progress reviews, key decisions, documentation and approvals
- Proactively and effectively manages own time and workload, advocates to team the importance of project pace to achieve successful delivery
- Establishes and updates quality procedures, manages internal adhoc quality audits, reports quality variance and suggests corrective actions
- Keeps focus on the medium and long term goals and the values of the Group particularly when under short term pressure
- Assists with the development and monitoring of a well-defined project plan, identifying the key milestones and assist in the assigning of role or task responsibilities
- Works with Project Manager to provide project governance and compliance, identifying and raising issues when necessary, monitoring tollgates and budgets as well as maintaining project change control
- Demonstrates understanding of analytical tools and techniques to prepare and analyse management reports, and identifying factors that are putting the project off track, monitor and share progress with stakeholders
- Support the Project Manager with closure activities, including post project review and handover
- Produces deliverables of a high quality, well structured, insightful, no error and with sufficient review time and appropriate response to feedback
- Acts as a good team member and shows a positive collaborative attitude, promoting HSBC values and behaviours. For example, takes time to help others, respects others ideas, wants to move forward
- Shows high standards of professionalism in the quality of written and personal communication, especially in front of the business and delivery partners
- Shows flexibility and willingness to apply themselves to different tasks and does not need constant supervision
- University Graduate with Project Management Professional Certification, Projects in Controlled Environments preferred
- Able to work independently with good accountability and willing to work extra miles to get project delivered with limited or no business analyst support
- Excellent understanding and practical, solid experience in the project lifecycle or agile project management
- Extensive project management skills and experience of managing large and complex projects
- Strong people manager and broad experience in managing large teams of different work streams
- Multiple strong examples of the delivery of on time and on budget projects that achieve business case stated outcomes
- In depth experience of working in a banking environment and change projects
- Good stakeholder management experience, especially impactful communication, influencing and running project governance Implementation, change management and benefits realisation
- Understanding of Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks and best practice techniques preferred
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals of Global Transformation preferred
- Candidate with solid business background or experience in Private Banking fields or related disciplines but less experience in Project Management may also apply and they may be considered for position as Senior Business Analyst instead
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.