TRAINEE: Compliance Analyst - Legal / Taxation / Compliance - Hong Kong
- Collate different sources of information to produce a monthly compliance risk analysis to share with CTL APAC team key compliance risks (based on internal incidents, policy updates, internal audit results, latest regulatory developments and enforcements, etc)
- Automate reporting process for reporting review results to WW and APAC stakeholders
- Assist in the construction of risk-based APAC annual control plan and build/automate a follow-up process.
- Support the run of CTL governance and reporting by compiling various indicators, management information and dashboards for different stakeholders
- Work closely with fellow team members and Global CTL team to maintain and enhance the tools used by the CTL APAC team
- May contribute to other projects such as offshoring initiative
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Business School or specialize in internal controls or similar
- Knowledge in Data tools or Excel/Power BI including Macro VBA: mandatory to be able to compute data, automate processes and perform some analysis on raw data
- Previous experience in a financial institution (preferably in Compliance, Risk, Internal Audit, or Operations) is a plus.
- Proficiency in Word / PowerPoint
- Able to articulate your ideas well in both verbal and written manner
- Highly adaptable, well-organised and able to multitask
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Behavioral Skills
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
Hong Kong is the regional Compliance hub; it is also the regional business hub. The Hong Kong Compliance team is 50+ staff and split into various teams based on their areas of expertise.
The candidate will be a member of the Hong Kong Compliance department under the Compliance Control team (CTL) in charge of assessing controls performed by the First and Second Lines of Defense departments to mitigate compliance risks. The team carries out compliance review assignments based on a yearly control plan defined.
This position constitutes a very good entry point into a leading financial services group, and a valuable experience in Compliance department as well as in transversal & organization functions of the bank.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 2020/12/01
Publication date: 2020/11/05