TRAINEE: Credit Analyst - Corporate and Investment Banking Hong Kong
- Conduct credit analysis for corporate counterparts by preparing concise, critical and well-argued credit proposals on new request and renewals.
- Evaluate and make recommendation on credit limits requested from Coverage and business lines based on bank's risk appetite and client's credit profile.
- Conduct regular and timely annual reviews and credit facility renewals.
- Review and assess client's obligor rating at least annually, or as driven by special events and maintain valid ratings in Starweb/Nova.
- Continue to improve credit file productivity and processing efficiency and respond in timely manner to credit requests.
- Expedite and manage the credit approval process by liaising with relevant approvers and RISQ officer.
- Contribute on drafting of credit terms in legal documentation (ISDA/CSA, NAFMII, loan documentation, etc).
- Report significant business events, financial trends, industry developments and other relevant issues relating to financial position of clients
- Monitor credit exposure/overshoots, concentration risk, financial covenants and credit conditions; verify data and support reporting requirements related to these areas.
- Comply with applicable internal credit policies and procedures and follow up on audit requirements and permanent supervision process.
- Comply with Code of Conduct as well as other applicable laws and local regulations, internal policies, compliance rules and procedures (including but not limited to those requirements from the aspects of Anti-money laundering, know your client, anti-fraud, data protection etc.)
- Take responsibility to report any incidents, suspicious and fraud cases according to bank incident report mechanism/whistle blowing/ escalation requirement immediately. Maintain a high level of personal integrity and uphold the bank's ethical standard both in professional activities and personal conduct.
- Assist in special projects or assignments as requested by team head.
- Back up and support other analysts.
- Degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university (MBA or other professional qualifications such as CFA is preferred)
- Previous experience in a role of financial risk analysis or assistant corporate relationship manager is a plus
- Solid accounting, corporate finance, and credit analysis skills
- Basic knowledge of different bank products, particularly commercial banking/transaction banking products
- Basic knowledge of regulatory and business environment in China
- Well versed in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, VBA, Microsoft Access, PowerPoint is a must)
- Fluent English and Mandarin language skills (both speaking and writing) are mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position, please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
You are a member of the Credit Management China team based in Hong Kong. Reporting to the Head of the department, you will provide balanced and objective credit assessments to business requests and assume full analytical responsibility to support the overall credit approval process for target corporate clients.
Credit Management Group is the analytical platform of Global Banking and Advisory, supporting front office by providing corporate counterparty risk assessment on a transversal basis and client facing as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000KXH
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 25/09/2020