TRAINEE: Front-Office IT Application Support Equity Derivatives - Banking Operations - Hong Kong
- Support our equity flow front-office desk in their daily IT requests
- Collect requirements and provide business analysis when needed
- Ensure on-duty tasks when required
- Work with local and global counterparts: raise issues and new requirements
- Develop and enhance existing software used by the trading desk (Java, C#, Python, VBA)
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar
- Able to work in the stressful environment of a trading floor
- Keen to architect and write robust applications in multiple programming languages
- Technical background in Java and Linux is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of equity derivative products is a plus
- Aware and curious about new technologies, ability to share and explore them
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Behavioral Skills
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
- Client - Risk: I strive to satisfy clients while taking into account risks for the company
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team's interest over my own results
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA. Department Description
A technically strong candidate who will provide level 2 support to the users of the Global Market activities information system, focusing on equity derivative business activities mainly for Warrants trading.
Working in a DEV/Ops setup, the candidate will be spending 60% to 70% on support and 30% to 40% developing solutions in Java, Python, VBA and C# as part of an agile feature team. The candidate attends daily scrums and actively participate to regular prioritisation meetings, sprints, retrospectives and development effort.
The candidate will need formalise end user's day to day problems; assesses criticality/priority of these problems and treat them accordingly. Escalates to the next level if need be; gives effective and regular feedback to the end users. Will transform problems to user stories, add it to the product backlog for prioritisation and task building.
Estimates the risks and opportunities in our day to day job, take initiatives to reduce the risks and improve our efficiency. Reports regularly on issues to direct management, follows IT processes closely on incident, problem and request management, adheres to the code of conduct."
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: 2020/12/07
Publication date: 2020/11/05