Technical Lead Global Insurance IT - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Technical Lead Global Insurance IT
. Principal responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to work out the technical solution and discussion on system design, implementation, maintenance and support of vendor application related to the actuarial calculation engine.
- Work with other IT departments to define and plan to migrate the existing systems on premise infrastructure to the vendor managed cloud infrastructure
- Represent IT in Global project forum to provide the technical advice and analysis for different queries and options from the project committee
- Conduct and monitor the progress of the system testing, user acceptance testing and operating acceptance testing to meet user requirement and HSBC service quality standard
- Provide the appropriate status update on the progress of the project deliverables in the project schedule
- Drive the discussion on the service level agreement with stakeholders to meet the defined objective measurement
- Strong steering with vendor on the system monitoring and the agreed services under the regular service review meeting to provide the high quality support service to HSBC users
- Maintain and ensure due observance of HSBC Internal Control Standards, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal or external auditors and external regulators.
- Ensure awareness of compliance requirements and implementation of Group Compliance Policy.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University degree in computer science, information technology, related discipline or equivalent experience
- In depth experience of project delivery with a working knowledge of agile methodologies, DevOps processes.
- Experience on the vendor management related to the ongoing support service to be critical asset
- Experience on defining testing strategy, criteria and test cases with different stakeholders
- Ability to discuss the technical details and gathering the information with vendor
- Good understanding of Cloud service like Amazon Web Services and the connectivity from on premise infrastructure to Cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of Single Sign On and the access management of Cloud application
- Knowledge of Window server and the Microsoft SQL server connection
- Good communication skills and effective writing to different global stakeholders
- Self motivated and able to work under pressure in global project team
- Knowledge on Insurance Products and Prophet Application would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in Banking IT environment would be preferable
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.