Technology - Enterprise Network Service Application Support Specialist, Associate, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 10 Dez 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Network Services (ENS) is responsible for a complex multi-platform global voice and data network that supports a world-leading financial services company.
The ENS Applications Support team has operational responsibility for a wide scope of Morgan Stanley's data and voice applications, focusing on computer telephony, voice recording, self-service tools, and automation. Most of these products are Unix- or web-based services.
The specific tasks for the position are:
- Response to escalated exception/alert based monitoring from L1/L2
- Documenting ready for business checks for execution by L1/L2/L3
- Outage management, regional and follow the sun response (coordination of and communication between troubleshooting participants using bridge calls and email)
- Answering client's how-to's equeries and medium to difficult queries including investigations/follow-ups with developers if the answer is not documented
- Implement L3 requests (user administration/provisioning, account management, server management) using graphical or command line tools or documented procedures
- Regional participating in rollouts of services/products, change management
- Manage plant risk, and work with other infrastructure teams, and ENS engineering, to address technology vulnerabilities identified by the Firm's Tech & Info Risk team
- Troubleshooting, investigation and repair of problems where automation or current documentation does not address the issue
- Handling of escalated support tickets (problem/request/incident) from L1/L2
- Enhance stability by strategically remediating any discovered issues and development of new procedures and processes.
- Automation of manual processes, development and enhancement of support scripts, tools, monitoring
- Participation in on-call rotation, handling of escalated alerts, managing/performing scheduled work
- Applications change management process and code deployment/troubleshooting
- Weekend and off hours monitoring and execution
The successful candidate will have a Technical university degree plus 5+ years of industry experience with a background in operations for Unix and windows server based backend applications
Voice Recording application knowledge/experience
Experience with Unix based applications, and scripting (shell, Perl, and/or Python)
On-the-job training will be provided for the specific applications to be supported
Excellent communication and client management skills
Process analysis and automation experience is highly desirable
Great organizing and coordination skills
Basic understanding of data network and voice/telephony technologies
Familiarity with relational databases (Sybase/DB2 preferred)
Experience with problem and outage management
Experience with voice services is a plus
Data network knowledge (CCNA) is recommended but not required