Technology - Head of APAC Equity Derivatives Support - Vice President
The Apps Support Senior Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Manages one or more apps support teams.
- Provides technical oversight across systems and applications; leverage skills across multiple apps support areas.
- Provide a holistic view of the production environment for both technology and business management, working closely as a trusted partner for senior business heads.
- Provide guidance on feedback reviews with development managers, ensuring outstanding issues are tracked to closure, particularly long-term strategic fixes.
- Performs controlled resolution of incidents and problems including prioritization and escalation to relevant groups when appropriate, root cause analysis of all problems with follow-through to resolution.
- Consults with the primary clients of the application in conjunction with development managers in order to understand the strategic objectives of users.
- Requires awareness of audit and compliance related issues.
- Contributes to formulation of strategies for apps support and other functional areas.
- Champion stability initiatives to enable application high availability for Business-As-Usual which includes better monitoring, failover and resiliency
- Ability to handle incidents, problems and change at a global enterprise level. Calm and analytical when faced with major incidents on critical systems.
- Responsible for delivery of end results and shares responsibility for budget management which directly impacts the apps support area; accountable for resource planning.
- Manages customer satisfaction requirements of operational procedures to achieve a suitable outcome for all stakeholders
- Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information with inherent confidence with operations and technology partners on a regional or global basis.
- Focus on people development, evaluating subordinates' performance and making decisions on pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions and deputize for the regional support manager.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years experience in an Apps Support role would be an added advantage, but not essential
- Experience with people management
- Highly assertive communications skills, commanding personality. Ability to engage a large audience and lead the discussion with clear, articulate, and highly assertive communication. Must show confidence in all communications
- Experience with application support would be an added advantage, but not essential
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholde
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
The Apps Support Senior Manager is a front office facing strategic individual who stays abreast of developments within the EQ Risk & Derivatives domain and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires business awareness and strong product knowledge in EQD/D1 products. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular with senior internal trading customers and maintain a fruitful relationship with other team. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually improves the overall performance and effectiveness of the business. Responsibilities:
Job Family Group:
- The Apps Support Senior Manager is responsible for partnering with multiple technology teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals; identify and define necessary system enhancements; analyze existing system logic, identify problems; and recommend and implements solutions.
- Will have the opportunity to lead new strategic risk applications rollout in Asia and globally.
- Coaching junior members in the team and liaise with senior business leads in support requirements.
- Provides expertise in area and an advanced level of understanding of the principles of apps support.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives for complex, high impact application enhancements and problem resolution through in-depth analysis and evaluation of complex business processes, systems and industry standards, documents requirements.
- Partners with multiple technology areas and management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals.
- Works closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Systems Analysts to determine and document Systems impacts and support requirements
- Considers the implications of the application of technology to the current environment.
- Identifies risks, vulnerabilities, and security issues; communicates impact; proposes risk mitigation options.
- Acts as adviser or coach to new or lower-level analysts; allocates work.
- Provides in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Directly impacts the business by influencing strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services.
- Persuades and influences others through strong and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Technology Job Family:
Applications Support Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting