Technology Business Analyst - Assistant Vice President
The IT Business Senior Analyst is an intermediate-level position responsible for liaising between business users and technologists to exchange information in a concise, logical and understandable way in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to continuous iterative exploration and investigation of business performance and other measures to gain insight and drive business planning. Responsibilities:
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives for complex projects and foster communication between business leaders and IT
- Consult with users and clients to solve complex system issues/problems through in-depth evaluation of business processes, systems and industry standards and recommends solutions
- Support system change processes from requirements through implementation and provide input based on analysis of information
- Consult with business clients to determine system functional specifications and provides user and operational support
- Identify and communicate risks and impacts, considering business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Act as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts and work as a team to achieve business objectives, performing other duties and functions as assigned
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) with extensive experience using Excel for data analysis
- Experience in agile methodology, writing business and functional requirements document and driving user stories grooming sessions
- Strong domain knowledge on consumer/retail banking products and regulations
- Experience in reviewing and writing test cases
- Candidates with ITIL certification highly preferred
- Experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of business analysis
- IIBA certifications such as ECBA, CCBA and CBAP will be a strong advantage
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication in English
- Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin will be a plus
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Technology Job Family:
Business Analysis / Client Services Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting