* A Global Asset Managment firm * Fixed Income developer * Stable with good career prospect
Our client is a global asset mangement firm and is looking for high calibre candidate to join as trading application developer.
- Distributing work and supervising progress of analysts/programmers. Training more junior analysts/programmers as required.
- Consulting with users to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements
- Analyses, documents and manages the delivery of system solutions that support specific business opportunities.
- Writes and maintains technical system documentation.
- Analyses feasibility of and resources required for solution systems, including analysis of compatibility/overlap with existing systems.
- Creates and maintains delivery, development, testing and deployment plans and timetables.
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code, including databases, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems.
- Conducts system testing on developed code, and corrects any discovered bugs.
- Supports user acceptance testing of developed code.
- Undertakes installation of completed software, including full documentation of release procedures.
- Provides technical support for deployed applications.
- Analyses, tests and installs upgrades of externally developed applications.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Provides technical consultancy and support to other developers.
- Researches and develops new software development technologies.
- Responsible for cross-training others to reduce key person risk.
- Create strong relationships with the IT teams in other regions globally taking every opportunity to reduce duplication and promote the global software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for maintaining non-PROD environments.
- Takes ownership of application changes adhering to the global change process.
- Champions a team culture where commitments are delivered on time, on budget and on scope.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the business and wider group in order to facilitate improved service to the business.
- Contributes to the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory delivery of healthy, highly available, stable and secure technology platforms associated with the introduction of new capability.
- Proven prioritisation and problem solving skills.
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills at all levels.
- Exposure to a variety of project delivery methodologies such as waterfall and Agile is desirable.
- Experience of continuous integration, test driven design and automated testing would be advantageous.
- The ability to inspire and influence while managing change throughout the business.
- A wide range of high-level technical IT knowledge.
- Previous use of JIRA and Confluence is essential.
- Familiarity with financial markets, investment management, fixed income securities and credit research would be advantageous.
- Skills in Microsoft MVC and Entity Framework.
- Knowledge of containerisation and cloud platforms would be advantageous.