UI Developer, Equity Finance, Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role is within JP Morgan Prime Services and Equity Finance Technology group which is aligned within the Equities Technology organization, responsible for end-to-end technology solutions across Synthetics and Cash Prime Brokerage, Securities Lending, Agency Lending, and Fixed Income Repo businesses. This business area has experienced double-digit growth with the momentum expected to continue as the business continues to rapidly expand. Significant investment has been committed to expand our technology capabilities with a target to develop J.P. Morgan into an industry leader within the region. This is an opportunity to join a talented group of technologists in a high-octane environment focused on providing the best in class solutions to the business.
This group is looking to hire a highly skilled, motivated, and collaborative UI/UX Developer in Hong Kong. You will work closely with the Prime Finance Quantitative Research team, Products Team and the Equity Finance Trading Desk to develop applications within our risk, pricing and trading platform (Athena). You will contribute to transforming our legacy Securities Lending/Margin Trading apps into modern, consolidated and cohesive platform for our traders to interact with. This is a hands on role requiring user interface design and development.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Design, implement or re-engineer components and features into strategic UI platform that meets both business and architectural requirements.
- Follow test driven development and Agile methodologies.
- Take ownership of features from requirements through to production support
- Work closely with global technology team, product development and QR teams
- Experience of creating responsive designs.
- Experience of testing with Enzyme/Jest/Karma/Cypress
- Experience of breaking requirements down and bringing about consensus through mocks up (wireframes and flats)
- Experience of stakeholder management with the ability to challenge the status quo and propose alternatives
- Strong belief in code quality and automated testing
- Willing to keep abreast, learn and apply new technologies
- Self-starter with the ability to bring value through innovation.
- Intermediate Python skills.
- Data and analytics background.
- Knowledge of the Prime Finance Business
- Understanding of cloud native principles and experience of deploying to cloud
- Experience of working in a front office environment within financial services
- 'Athena' framework experience is a plus