See job description for details
DBS extends a broad range of capabilities in foreign exchange and derivatives, money market and securities trading, to corporations and financial institutions. DBS trades in a comprehensive product range, including foreign exchange, as well as interest rates and derivatives. Treasury & Markets (T&M) provides total solutions to serve DBS clients' hedging and investment needs with a regional emphasis. We have a strong record in providing innovative wealth management solutions to our individual investors. We are a leader in regional products with an excellent, customer-driven research capability and with cutting-edge risk management technology and systems. Objective:
- To build DBS's FX and investment products franchise and grow the wealth business.
- To develop a holistic view of investment market commentary which can help frontline from internal counterparts to market Treasury & Markets' products.
- To align the view from Group Research, regional CIO office and Treasury & Markets and come up with marketable investment strategy.
- To conduct regular market update and product ideas that helps the team achieve the financial budget on overall joint target revenue, and revenue split across asset classes.
- Provide timely FX market update, regular investment commentaries and sales briefings to frontline salesperson from Consumer Bank, Private Bank and Treasures Private Clients.
- Support WMS Sales team with a holistic view of market commentary offering, and provide analysis on actual usage, effectiveness, and time spent on sales activities.
- Work together with regional FX product team to come up with sales pitches, based on house-view research, market data or trade statistics.
- Communicate with regional CIO office and Group Research department to understand the rationale of their recommendations.
- Liaise and help with WMS Sales and Product team on all relevant sales materials.
- Contribute T&M market commentary and investment ideas content to all available marketing channels.
- University graduate (Degree holder)
- 7-10 years of experience in capital markets or banking industry
- Preferably in the field of sales advisory, investment research or product development
- Experience in data analysis and digital transformation is an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills, solid knowledge in FX, equity markets and structured derivatives
- Accuracy in performing duties
- Strong investment market sense and understanding of inter-relationship of economic activities
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with good business acumen
- Ability to effectively present product ideas and generate business with internal counterparts
- Strong data analytical mindset and ability to formulate analysis model
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Candidate with less experience could be considered ranking as Assistant Vice President