- Hong Kong
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
VP - Government and Public Affairs - South East Asia
Standort: Hong KongRole:
You will be part of the External Affairs Team, one of the two teams in Moody's Global Government and Public Affairs Group.
The position is based in either Hong Kong or Singapore with responsibilities for facilitating and coordinating government and public affairs engagement in South-East Asia and supporting outreach in India.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
(1) raising the visibility of Moody's in a positive manner by establishing, maintaining and nurturing a network of officials in government entities including, but not exclusive to Ministries of Finance, Trade and Economy and other government agencies responsible for both international and domestic matters (Sovereign Funds) and other influencers across the region
(2) anticipating, identifying and strategizing on regulatory and legislative challenges and opportunities that have the potential to impact Moody's either positively or negatively, both in SEA and India.
- You will be responsible to raise the visibility of Moody's in a positive manner by establishing, maintaining and nurturing a network of officials in government entities including, but not exclusive to Ministries of Finance, Trade and Economy, members of parliament and their staff, other government agencies responsible for both international and domestic matters, think tanks and other interest groups and influencers across the region.
- Assist with efforts to improve external understanding of Moody's and its role in the market across SEA and India.
- Gather intelligence on the evolving direction of relevant policy thinking and communicate it internally within Moody's.
- Work collaboratively with our business lines to identify and create positioning opportunities and to respond to government inquiries.
- Serve as relationship manager for select external third party organizations.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of government/legislative/regulatory alerts and other materials for internal distribution.
- Lead projects for the group as required.
- Travel will be required
Government and Public Affairs
- A Bachelor's degree is required. Advanced degree in related field or J.D. is preferred.
- At least 10 years of professional experience focused on public policy, government or international relations. Trade association, lobbying and or government experience desirable, particularly with regard to international issues.
- High levels of understanding needed of the country legislative and regulatory process.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with shifting deadlines and priorities under limited supervision.
- Self-motivated and results oriented with good team working skills.
- Self-confident and collaborative individual who is comfortable in a multi-cultural and international work environment.
- Evidence of dynamic, creative, flexible and thoughtful approach to issues.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively, internally and externally, with the senior managers.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.