VP - Product Manager, Asia Research - Hong Kong
The Research Product Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Responsibilities:
- The Product Manager is responsible for supporting the equity research product
- The role will include organizing the equity research morning meetings, reviewing and driving research content across sectors, with the goal of monetizing and developing Research's internal and external client franchise.
- Strategically drive the research product pipeline while ensuring consistency with the other regions as well as global goals.
- Review research and work with Analysts to optimize the commercial relevance of the research product, identifying emergent themes and originating premium reports, sharing best practice, managing the pre-production of tactical and major reports
- Analyze product metrics
- Interact daily with Sales and Trading partners
- Closely collaborate with Strategists and Economists
- Liaise with Control Group, Supervisory Analyst, and Production on any day to day issues
- Develop and promote product enhancements
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same, demonstrating proper consideration for the firm's reputation
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi's Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as defined by your role which will be communicated to you
- Obtain and maintain all registrations/licenses which are required for your role, within the appropriate timeframe
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to execute in a large, matrixed organization
- Secure and maintain applicable licenses
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Research Job Family:
Research Analysis Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting