We’re seeking a full-time WordPress Developer to join our growing team in Hong Kong. The position will be solely responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing our corporate websites and requires a WordPress expert proficient in web development and comfortable with back-end technology.
Block.one is a software publisher specializing in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralized applications, has received global recognition as the first performant blockchain platform, following its introduction in May 2018.
Through its affiliate, Block.one Hong Kong provides software development and consultancy services through its office in Central, Hong Kong. We are continuing to look for global and local talent to join us in Hong Kong to offer creative solutions based on the latest technological innovations and trends.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Front End Web Development and Publishing:
- Recommend or create custom WordPress themes, plug-ins and widgets to meet business requirements.
- Work with our creative teams to implement user interface and content enhancements and provide user experience, best-practice recommendations, when necessary.
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display.
- Set-up and manage a version-control system such as Git.
- Research and implement best practices for web performance, scalability, and accessibility.
- Execute content updates across all corporate websites.
Back End Web Development:
- Integrate third-party APIs with WordPress and, if necessary, create scalable backend APIs that are easily deployed.
- Integrate data from various services and databases and manage integrations.
- Knowledge of WPengine server administration.
Qualifications and Skills:
A successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Professional experience in software development, installation, enhancement, maintenance, unit testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution of related issues.
- High-level programming skills and in-depth knowledge of PHP/HTML/CSS/JS.
- Advanced understanding of the Wordpress CMS including: custom themes, custom plugins, and framework methodologies.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and development best practices.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- 5 plus years of experience in front-end and back-end development.
- Experience with full stack architecture, as well as API design and implementation.
- Experience working with cloud native architecture such as AWS or Azure.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks and shifting priorities within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.