Assistant Vice President - CSS, Onboarding
SSGM Boston are migrating operational support functions from our Boston base out to India (Bangalore) forming our 'captive' environment.
We are staffing the 'captive' with a new workforce ranging from the AVP level (Senior Manager) down through Assistant Managers, Senior Associates and Associates.
The successful Assistant Vice-President candidate will report directly into an experienced SSGM VP who will be relocating from Boston to India.
The ' SF Client Services Support (CSS) Assistant Vice President' will be responsible for SSGM daily operational processing:
- Staff coaching and development plans
- SSGM CSS process and control improvements
- Identification, resolution, reporting or escalation of exceptions, breaches and suspicious transactions
- SSGM CSS relationships and escalation protocol
- Relationship with key stakeholders in SSGM CSS senior management
The AVP will be expected to engage and communicate daily with: (Including but not limited too)
- SSGM CSS teams (Boston, London, and potentially our offshore JV teams).
- SSGM management
- SSGM Trading & Middle Office units.
In addition, the AVP will be expected to display the following Managerial qualities:
- Managing and developing people - 25%
- Processor work review - 10%
- Exception processing and resolving escalated inquiries - 30%
- Operational workflow and control review/development (solutions) - 35%
- Ensure that all FTE's have a clear understanding of their core responsibilities and their reporting lines.
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework ensuring that work is completed 'on-time' or issues are identified & escalated in a timely fashion.
- Develop effective working relationships with all staff - both junior and senior.
- Demonstrate 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behavior and nurture the same ethos within the team, encouraging an environment of openness and transparency that fuels effective challenge, debate and open discussion.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual and collective ownership at the 'captive' giving all staff a clear sense of both responsibility and accountability.
- Ensure that all staff adheres to the expected SSGM Code of Conduct.