Associate Software Engineer
Job Description This is an opportunity for an individual with a strong software development background to join Moody's Investors Service Support Centre in India.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of successes developing/supporting quality software solutions, liaising directly with stakeholders, and adapting to the evolving needs of the business. The role will primarily involve coordinating with the NY Fundamental Technology development team to p rovide global production support for Moody's Fundamental applications which are of high visibility within the analyst teams globally, and integral to the analytical ratings processes.
As part of the Fundamental Technology team, support members will have many opportunities to leverage SQL skills to query and manipulate data, as well as work with Excel/VBA workbooks, debug .Net applications, and other technical tasks. This role will suit a highly motivated problem solver with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to use their own initiative and work with minimal supervision.
Experience with the multiple phases of software development lifecycle and software debugging skills are essential. Experience with source control, issue tracking, unit testing, continuous integration, etc. is highly desirable. Basic understanding of finance and the mechanics of analytical methodologies are a plus Key Responsibilities:
- QA and UAT Support
- Maintenance Support
- Business User Query Support
- Application and Process Documentation
BE (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or a related field.
- Strong C#.NET development & debugging skills (2+ years)
- Experience with source control (SVN ideally) and issue tracking (Jira ideally)
- Good SQL Query writing skills, understanding of database architecture
- Strong Excel VBA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English a must
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Rigorous and analytical thought process
- Experienced in working toward tight deadlines
- Experience in Financial Services is advantageous
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.