Middle Office, Team Leader
Portfolio Administration provides operational investment support to the SSGA Portfolio Managers. As the key point of contact for the Portfolio Management team, and other internal clients, you will be allocated portfolios which you would be responsible for in an operational capacity. This role will be primarily supporting our Equity Portfolios.
Daily functions include;
• Cash forecasting and monitoring of exposure.
• Verification of fund valuations.
• Performance calculation and query resolution.
• Investigating and resolving queries from internal and external clients.
• Support the monthly rebalancing process
• Regulatory Reporting
Key external interactions will be with Custodians, Fund Administrators, Counterparts and other Third Party providers. Internally, you will interact with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Compliance, Legal and Risk, as well as other operations teams such as Client Administration, New Business and the Reconciliations team.
Portfolio Analysts are expected to consider how current processes and procedures within the team can be enhanced, looking to strengthen controls and minimise risk. You will need to build up a strong knowledge of the accounts and products that we support, and be able to confidently answer any queries on them. Education and Experience
- Operations experience gained from an investment manager, custodian, prime broker, fund administrator, hedge fund, or investment bank.
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- IOC completed or completing considered an advantage.
- Product Experience Desirable: Equities, FX spot and forwards, Exchange Traded Futures and Options.
- Analytically minded with strong problem solving skills
- Understanding investment markets and settlement.
- Understanding NAV and unit price calculations
- Performance measurement experience is an advantage.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet business deliverables.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Exposure to Bloomberg an advantage.