Research Analyst II
- Bangalore, Karnātaka, Indien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- IHS Markit
- 19 Nov 18
Research Analyst II
Jane's by IHS Markit delivers best in class forecasting through data driven identification of global market opportunities. By applying a rigorous bottom up methodology with fully documented sources, comments, and assumptions, our dataset ensures that customer can confidently:
- Identify and capture new opportunities with data driven forecasts which allow you to uncover market growth
- Stay ahead of the competition with expert assessments of global contract opportunities that are yet to be announced
- Analyse market trends and drivers to shape your go-to-market strategy
We are now recruiting for a Research Analyst in the domain of Aerospace & Defence, who will be responsible for maintaining and updating market forecast databases in an analytically rigorous fashion, taking into account industry insight, as well as related geopolitical, military, and economic factors. Other responsibilities will include:
Conduct market research (qualitative and quantitative), statistical analyses, and business intelligence to support extrapolation of market forecast.
To be able to establish linkages and relationships between various defence equipment and weapon systems in terms of form fit, pricing, requirement and operability.
Identifying and analyzing contracts in aerospace and defence domain.
Monitoring news insights and press releases with respect to opportunities of defence procurement and policies.
To be able to identify gaps in the existing database and be able to conduct monthly audits with respect to various parameters of the database.
To be able to sift through large amount of data in excel and be able to parse information.
Prepare monthly reports documenting specific database changes and maintain worklogs.
Skills sets and experience
- 2+ years of experience in the domain of market research and open source intelligence with a view of tracking contracts, tenders, price information. Past experience in the domain of Aerospace and Defence will be considered as an added advantage.
- Experience of working within a data environment (databases, data transformation, data validation or similar).
- Computer competency that includes a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications.
- Proven record of undertaking project orientated work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to quickly adapt and work with new information technology applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Qualification - Bachelor's degree in any discipline. MBA/PGDM will be an added advantage with minimum 60% throughout academics
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.