- Bangalore, Karnātaka, Indien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Senior Software Engineer (SDET)
Standort: Bangalore, Karnātaka, IndienThe SDET performs software testing duties specifically related to test strategy, design and execution. This role provides training and consulting in testing best practices, including automated testing and overall test approaches and design. The engineer is expected to code and lay foundation for teams to create test automation. This role will review test approaches and make recommendations on test strategies and designs that ensure product quality with the most efficient practices. Additionally, they will develop test documentation that illustrates test design and approaches and communicate these approaches to relevant stakeholders. Another responsibility includes maintenance and modification of test frameworks related to UI testing, service/API testing and data testing. Finally, this role will assist in the collection and analysis of metrics regarding the test testing function.
- Create and organize automation test code which will act as foundation for test script automation for the projects.
- Automation test scripting, execution and debugging.
- Enhance test automation frameworks for UI, service and data testing.
- Performing test automation code reviews to ensure adherence to Moody's standards and frameworks.
- Designing/reviewing test strategies and approaches for testing Moody's software. This includes design and recommendation of automated framework design and execution.
- Analyze the testing requirement, design automation test approach and build a harness as needed.
- Perform POCs on latest industry testing tools/practices and as required incorporate in the testing practices.
- Analyze and find technical solutions to enhance automation test coverage.
- Applying knowledge of programming and testing to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Collection and analysis of metrics around QA practices regarding test automation and execution.
- Writing and revising test scripts or test documentation for a variety of financial applications, working with other testers, business analysts, product managers and developers to ensure adequate coverage for each software release.
- Enabling the utilization of the test automation in a continuous integration test environment, and driving the adoption of early automated testing by the project teams.
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or engineering.
- At least 5 years of test automation skills in one of the domains of UI or service/API or data.
- Solid understanding of computer programming, OOPs concepts and software development
- Strong OO programming abilities in Java, C#
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with web services testing and APIs using Java client or testing tools (SOAP UI)
- Advanced knowledge of automated testing tools and practices.
- Strong understanding of both manual and automated testing approaches, including implementation of automation frameworks.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to multi-task and display flexibility.
- Experience with scripting languages is a plus. (Shell, Python, Perl)
- Understanding of NoSQL database is a plus.
- Strong programming abilities in any one of the ORM frameworks - JPA, Hibernate is a plus
- Experience testing financial systems is a big plus.
- Ability with one or more of the following test tools - Selenium, QTP, Test Complete, ETL Automation Testing is a plus.
- Experience working with test-driven development practices is a big plus.
- Experience with source code tools (SVN,GIT) and dependency management (Maven, Gradle) is a big plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.