- Bangalore, Karnātaka, Indien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- IHS Markit
- 12 Dez 18
The User Experience Architecture (UXA) role combines skill sets from Information Architecture and Interaction Design. The role includes early structural and strategic work defining how information and functionality needs to be organized for findability and optimal use in user workflows. Workflows and screen structures are defined through task flow diagrams, wire frame documents and interactive prototypes. In combining these roles we bring together aspects of library science to the organizational needs of software and content stores, as well as the articulation of operators and on screen mechanisms from the field of human computer interaction.
Duties & accountabilities
- Understand competitive landscape within core area of responsibility
- Collaborate with Product Management on creation of product requirements documentation
- Develop / refine interaction requirements with a focus on workflow modeling
- Support or conduct primary or secondary user research (varies by needs of intent) to inform or refine designs
- Conceptualize opportunities and experiences using sketching, storyboarding, information modeling, interactive prototyping and other methods
- Refine and document experiences in frameworks, site maps, page flows, interaction models, and wireframe specifications
- Establish, maintain, and present a consistent point of view with respect to solutions
- Advocate for customer needs and representation in the translation of business objectives into project requirements
- Effectively communicate design solutions to all levels of partner and leadership
- Actively participate in design reviews at every stage of the process
- Address and facilitate resolution of interaction issues on the site or application
- Actively engage in ongoing comparative and competitive analysis of the IHS properties and competition
- Adopt and support established discipline guidelines and standards and participate in creating new ones as needed.
- Contribute to evolving UX pattern and component library.
- Participate in planning UX tasks, deliverables and timelines.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree (or comparable work experience) and experience in a software product environment
- Strong knowledge of UCD and product development methodologies
- Work towards organizing content management, site architecture, hierarchies, and categorization, screen layouts, navigation and UI controls, defined interactions, and data visualization.
- Shows an understanding of the technical skills of discipline; examples include: site maps, content organizational structures, taxonomies, and experience mapping
- Has a basic understanding of software interface principles, human cognition, and on screen page composition.
- Considers competitive understandings of domain expertise.
- Considers the technical solutions needed and anticipates the implications of changes to the information architecture in the production environment.
- While advocating for user centered solutions, is aware of and respects the business priorities of the company and product group.
- A fundamental understanding of the software platforms, file formats, and execution of those for a given purpose. Ability to use tools of the trade like Axure, Visio etc.
- Shows an ability to validate and drive solutions to collaborators and managers utilizing rational practice principles and supporting data.
- Understands who the industry leaders are and tracks successful trends and approaches.
- Studies the underlying company and product strategy to the extent that it can be implemented in the visual format of the product
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.