Network Tech Lead
The Technical Lead Network Engineer will be a part of the Network LAN Engineering Team within the Ameriprise Global Network Team. This position is responsible to leading the technical services within engineering leadership and support for the delivery of Network-focus tools and automation across multi-site enterprise and data center network environments. We are looking for a good technical lead that has hands-on experience with the design, configuration and development of Network Services including but not limited to: Cisco Nexus, Cisco Wireless, Infoblox, DNS, AWS Route53, F5 LTM, and Data Center Technologies Responsibilities Technical Leadership
- Understand Business Requirements, participate in Requirements Analysis, design and build complete network solutions the meet or exceed security best practices and deliver on Requirements and Architecture, proof of concepts if necessary, develop, test and deploy.
- Proven track record of defining and delivering on a network tools strategic plan that will detect, open-tickets, auto-diagram a physical view of the network, to help the Operations team quickly identify and resolve network events on routers, switches, load-balancers or firewalls, etc.
- Lead efforts to Automate routine tasks across the Engineering and Operations teams so that customers can utilize a self-serve model of basic changes without the need of tickets and engaging engineering staff. Automation of key upgrades and deployments is core to this position.
- Provide technical guidance, develop design documents, perform product installation, upgrades and certification, implementation plan, deployment and troubleshooting support.
- Assist with Security audits and Risk Management to ensure infrastructure meets all requirements and looks for ways to automate compliance and reporting.
- Support other engineers by providing technical information, reviewing designs and making recommendations.
- Engage with Architecture, Information Security and Business areas. Partner with Architecture, Information Security and Business areas to define technical solutions to complex business issues that align with target state architecture and conforms to corporate best practices.
- Provide technical guidance to the project team. Lead, design, provide training for network tool/OSS solutions.
- Business Communication. Engage with internal teams, project teams and business areas to discuss issues and document or explain technical solutions in a simplified relevant way.
- Help coordinate project deployments with other engineers and make schedule recommendations.
- Diagnose, tackle, and provide root cause analysis for hardware and network related issues.
- Support and Participate in our On-call rotation schedule but also be available to assist Network Operations during major issue or outages.
- Coordination with Operations team for the design, build and production readiness of Network, Security and Voice infrastructure solutions supporting mission critical production environments.
- Proactively search for Automation opportunities so that Operations team can focus on troubleshooting events and supporting engineering needs.
- Mentor junior members in the operations team and engineering teams.
- 8-11 years of relevant experience in IT Network Engineering and Operations.
- 5+ years in a senior level engineering role engaged with IP network technologies including LAN switching, BGP/OSPF routing, BGP/MPLS, Quality of Service, traffic engineering, server load balancing and network-security design and delivery for large scale multi-site data center environments.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, computer science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with the design, configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of Arista, VXLAN, EVPN, Cisco IOS and Cisco Nexus Switches and Routers, Wireless, Cisco ASA VPN, and F5 Networks LTM/GTM.
- Understand High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts as apply to Network and Security designs.
- Experience with AWS Route53, and knowledge of public cloud deployments, hybrid cloud models and colocation data centers.
- Experience with network capture analysis and deploying visibility and monitoring solutions. i.e. Gigamon, Riverbed and Sumo is preferred.
- Experience with IPAM and ISE infrastructure design is preferred.
Certifications like CCNA, CCNP, ITIL, AWS