Sr. Developer - Java
The Senior Developer-Application Development in Java technology, is responsible for development, maintenance & support of applications involving predominately back end engineering and service development process in the Brokerage Data & Services team at Ameriprise. The individual should be able to collaborate with technology cross-commits and business teams to lead the development & implementation by adhering to required quality standards. The individual should be able to manage and prioritize work requests for enhancements setting accurate expectations with technology and business partners to implement the change at mutually agreed upon milestones and timelines. The individual should be prepared to work in a support role as well to maintain the BAU process for the assets governed by the team. The individual should be able to enforce standards and recommendations for achieving maximum performance and efficiency of the service ecosystem. Responsibilities
• Design and code in Java technology stack to meet business specifications.
• Collaborate with cross-commit teams for implementation of deliverables in all environments.
• Prioritize and manage work requests for changes and enhancements based on business requirements.
• Maintain knowledge of evolving industry trends, practices, techniques and standards in technology and financial service domains.
• Collaborate with the cross-functional team in Minneapolis to understand and prioritize daily tasks for self execution.
• Work with the assigned QA team to manage test plan & risks through development phases to implementation, ensure zero defects are introduced into the production environment.
• Ensure required documentation for projects and/or enhancements are created and updated.
• Conduct and participate in Code and design Reviews, support and maintain existing code/application. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
• 5-7 years of development expertise in Core Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Struts, Webservices, Spring, Hibernate, Java Script, jQuery and AJAX.
• Good Knowledge in Oracle and SQL from handling connections and interacting with database layer.
• Possess advanced knowledge of object-oriented design and development (OOA/OOD) and the J2EE framework and data architectures.
• Experience with Web Services development - SOAP, REST.
• Exposure to performance testing using JMeter is good to have.
• Use of code repository tools like SVN, GIT.
• Experience working with and applying Design patterns to solve problems.
• Exposure to any of the build and deployment tools - ant, grade, maven, JENKINS.
• Experience with Agile practices.
• Extremely good in Analytical Skill
• Hands on experience in Tomcat and WebLogic/WebSphere servers.
• Estimation skills.
• Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ensure compliance of technology solutions with architectural standards and participation in the full development life cycle of the delivered capability.
• Identify and solution key business and technology drivers that impact architectures, including end-user requirements, existing software distribution capabilities, existing application environment (including legacy and packaged systems), and performance/availability requirements. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience working with US/UK Clients/Business partners.
• Exposure to Financial Services and Brokerage domain is a good to have. About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.
Ameriprise India LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.