Java Architect ,AVP,
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer Description
Enterprise Security Services (ESS) organisation has global responsibility for the design, delivery and operational support for business critical security services within Credit-Suisse. Data Protection and Application Security organisation within ESS is responsible for the design and delivery of the key products and services related to information security. This includes public key infrastructure, data leakage prevention, information right management, application security and testing (DMZ: De-militarized Zone, WAF: Web Application Firewall, SSO: Single Sign-On, reverse proxy) and cloud security.
A successful candidate will be joining the Development/Solution Architecture team part of Application Security Capability, and will be mainly responsible to specify the solution design and architecture of our Java applications and development practices. The applications that rely on our systems and expertise include e-banking, trading systems, information portals and many more. The team spreads across regional offices (Switzerland, United Kingdom, Poland, and India) and it has a dynamic and multicultural atmosphere servicing internal clients worldwide.
The role scope includes internet facing applications, cloud security, federation authentication and token management. The activities related to the Architect within the Application Security organization work on a wide variety of tasks and activities that are closely aligned with the bank's strategic programs.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- Acting as a liaison with other Credit Suisse team to elicit their security requirements for Data Protection and Application Security Products
- Seek to Identify gaps and deficiencies in our application stack and working with other architecture functions on defining strategy to address them.
- Working alongside product management to help define and shape the product and service strategy.
- Delivering solutions for the internet-facing infrastructure that runs in multiple data centers around the globe.
- Design technical blueprints for the solution based on requirements from various partners including: Business Customers, Compliance, Risk, IT Security and IT Architecture.
- Ensuring that individual components form an effective, functional solution and ensuring the SDLC process is followed.
- Documenting the conceptual and logical concept of the solution in-house developed.
- Working with engineering leads, SMEs and external parties ensuring product and service are designed in line with security architectural guiding principles, Bank's control environment and industry best- practices.
- Help lead by example to improve software development practices in the team.
Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. Essential Skills and Qualifications
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Overall 10+ years of experience working as in large organisations developing and designing Java/J2EE services.
- Overall 7+ years which span one or more IT fields like: designing, IT business analysis, IT security and/or development and testing of software in the relevant areas
- Overall 4+ years in a role dedicated to architecting/implementing solutions utilizing recognized design and architecture patterns and industry standards
- Proficient in CI/CD tooling, delivery and quality assurance (Git, Jenkings, Nexis-IQ, SonarCube)
- Proficient in Application/Cloud Security concepts and the IT Security Domain
- Confident, assertive and outstanding communication skills along with strong influencing skills
- Able to prepare and deliver professional presentations to senior level audience
- Experience in financial sector will be an additional asset
- Experience and good knowledge of global jurisdictional practices/financial regulators requirements
- Security certification is an advantage: CISSP, CISA, CSSLP, TOGAF, CEH, OCP
- Experience in DevOps and Agile
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.