Company Secretariat, Officer
- Standort: Dublin, Leinster, Irland
- Gehalt: Competitive
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
Company Secretariat, OfficerThe Officer is responsible for managing a high volume and demanding client portfolio in respect of board meeting preparation, attendance at board meetings, taking detailed minutes and complying with all regulatory requirements of the client portfolio including all matters that are required by law and deemed good corporate governance. In addition, the Officer is responsible for the management, supervision and training of junior team members.
- Work with the Company Secretariat team to complete the daily workflow including supervision of members of the team.
- For their allocated portfolio of clients, ensuring the accurate preparation and issue of board agendas, board papers and minutes for all board meetings in adherence with client procedures/service level agreements and Company Law and, where appropriate, convening and minuting annual / extraordinary general meetings of shareholders. Follow up on decisions made at board and general meetings in order to provide an update at the next meeting.
- Ensuring the filing of all statutory forms and returns at the Companies Registration Office, as required, in addition to regularly reviewing the information in the statutory books, client files and Blueprint Company Secretarial database to ensure that the information is consistent and up to date.
- Ensuring compliance with the local regulatory bodies, ie Companies Registration Office, Central Bank of Ireland and Irish Stock Exchange (Cayman Island Monetary Authority, LUX registrar, Companies House etc), regulations and requirements/obligations in each jurisdiction.
- Updating of client and department procedures and checklists as and when changes occur.
- Acting as a channel of communication and information for non-executive directors while ensuring that their personal details, biographies are maintained and Directors fees are paid on a timely basis.
- Ensuring compliance with the Constitution/Memorandum and Articles of Association and ensuring safe keeping and proper use of the Company Seal.
- Arranging for the notarisation and legalisation of documents, as required.
- Assisting auditors with annual audit.
- Overseeing the filing of the Annual and Semi-Annual financial statements with the relevant regulatory bodies within the required timeframe.
- Reviewing developments in Corporate Governance , Listing requirements and Company Law in order to advise and assist the directors with regard to their duties and responsibilities and compliance with their personal obligations under Company Law and, where applicable, Stock Exchange requirements.
- Preparing presentations for prospective clients. Attending and delivering client presentations at meetings, when required.
- Assisting the Head of Department with adhoc queries relating to the State Street entities and group legal entities, if required.
- Acting as a role model and mentor to the other members of the Company Secretariat team.
- Travel for client board meetings, as required.
- Other duties as required.
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
- Previous company secretarial experience in same or related industry
- BA/BSc and/or ICSA qualification required
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of financial services sector preferable
- Detail orientated
- Self sufficient
- Ability to manage people
- Familiarity with online boardroom portals
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills, is a problem solver and enjoys working with people
- A demonstrated attention to detail is also required
- Excellent time management skills