Digital Collections Product Manager
This role will report into the EMEA Head of Digital Consumer Payments
The role will require the holder to have a strong commercial and payment system user experience mindset as well as the ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with the global, regional and country product managers. The position is incredibly multi-faceted and demands top class communications skills especially those of listening. It requires exceptional influencing skills, which in the most part will come from a maturity of approach and a thorough analysis and understanding of the issues being dealt with. It is a high profile role and the successful candidate will need to be able to perform under the spotlight and work effectively with all levels of management and functions.
To be successful in this position it requires you to be ambitious and determined to succeed but also requires someone who has learned to temper this with an understanding of how to get the best out of others. You will need to be someone who is enthusiastic, pro-active and focused on delivering to a high standard. This is a demanding and challenging role.
The person will have strong payments background especially in the realm of payments gateways, APIs, credit/debit card processing and experience with clients and their ecommerce requirements. The person will also need to have proven product management, financial and project management experience and excellent analytical skills.
They will be a self-starter with a great aptitude for juggling many diverse activities at once and prioritization whilst maintaining full ownership. Given the nature of the role and the team, the person must have a genuine desire to change things for the better and to help the Domestic Payments & Receivables team perform a value added role within EMEA Payments & Receivables and Cash Management as a whole. Responsibilities:
(1) An appreciation of client needs and identifying viable solutions
(2) Drive product strategy for Citi's interfacing solutions to ensure new and existing Citi products and solutions address the emerging client requirements coming from both traditional and emerging client segments
(3) Define and drive the build of new capabilities using internal and/or external providers
(4) Product Commercialization
- Partnering with relevant units to support and drive market management
- Identifying and addressing Client Trends through thought leadership material and product packages
- Extending share of wallet by better articulating our global value proposition
(5) Determining the pricing framework for applicable products
(6) Putting in place an effective Operations and Service Model for applicable products
(7) Risk, Control and Regulatory oversight of applicable products
(8) Product readiness including executing against the Product launch framework & governance such as New Product approvals.
(9) Leveraging regional product teams and cross functional partners to ensure Citi's products are made available consistently across the network
The Product Developer is a developing professional role that is responsible for activities related to the development or new products and/or features and functionality of products including developing business cases, requirements definition (BRDs), product enhancements innovation, feature and functionality definition based on market and industry research and trends and client needs
· This role manages the end-to-end lifecycle of client-facing and internal applications and will also scope product releases, agreeing to and tracking business priorities, incorporating regulatory and compliance requirements and investment tracking
· Creates a product vision aligned to business priorities and corresponding road-map to delivery
· Follows market, industry and client trends to own field and adapts them for application Citi's products and solutions platforms
· Conceptualizes, plans, prioritizes, coordinates design and delivery of products or features to product release, and champion's adoption within user community
· Works in close co-ordination other team members to fulfill the delivery objectives
· Partners and implements a wide variety of products and solutions
· Assists in identification of solutions ranging across data analytics, reporting, CRM, Trade Workflows and trade processing
· Assists in the delivery of significant direct business results and authoritative advice regarding product development that necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy
· Partners with senior team members to define and implement solutions
· Creates project plans, business and technical requirements documents for product execution
· Has direct interaction with business managers, technology, and sales to understand their long term vision, discuss industry trends, and incorporate them into the product & solutions strategy
· Focuses on controls and governance, including performing Need-to-Know based security and access reviews, Access Approvals, controls testing and documentation
· Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency. Qualifications:
- Solid experience in relevant transaction banking roles. Payments experience a plus.
- Good understanding of payment gateway solutions, clearing processes, Card Acquiring ,credit & debit card processing, settlement prices, and clearing house operations
- Good knowledge of the risk dynamics and responsibility between banking partnerships
- Good understanding of compliance risk management
- Understand customer needs and ideally have a good working knowledge of Client behaviours in multiple geographies
· Intellectual curiosity, analytical and conceptual thinker
· Proactively seeks and develops new opportunities
· Attention to detail and process/analytic mindset
· Ability to build networks and relationships internally and externally
- Familiarity with product development methodologies
- Direct experience in end-to-end project delivery, preferably in product development, and knowledge of various analytical tools including Qlikview, Tableau, Access
- Comfortable with performing data investigations that require a high degree of accuracy with tight timescales
- Ability to create business analysis, troubleshoot data quality issues, and conduct exploratory and descriptive analysis of business datasets;
- Ability to structure and break down problems, develop solutions, and to drive to results
- Process Management knowledge with a propensity for detail and comprehensiveness of content
- Ability to collaborate and clearly communicate with team members of an organization
- Project Management skills with experience leading large cross functional initiatives
- Generation of reports and presentations for management
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
- Post graduate qualification would be ideal (Masters or relevant post graduate qualification)
- Relevant Business Analysis qualifications
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IE ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .