European Offices CFO
- Dublin, Leinster, Irland Dublin Leinster IE
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
European Offices CFO
Corporate Title: Director
Location: Dublin, Park Place
Line of Business: CFO - Global Financial Control
The European Offices CFO will have overall responsibility for the management of the finance functions for European branches, which includes functions that prepare, record and report actual and forecasted financial results, and statutory, financial, regulatory and liquidity reporting. The European Offices CFO will establish effective financial controls, ensuring that European branches are appropriately funded at all times.
You will also be a key contributor in the stress testing processes for the entity and will work closely with both local and enterprise teams on ECB-EBA stress testing and entity specific ICAAPs.
You shall build and maintain an effective control environment within CFO, ensuring consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs. The European Offices CFO will have decision making responsibility for all aspects of financial governance and control and will act as primary regulatory and Country Leadership Team CFO representative providing a holistic view of the function for European branches.
Due to its high profile nature, demonstrating success in this role will lead to opportunities to organise and drive a broad range of CFO strategic initiatives as they arise.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Relevant internal controls have been established and are working correctly
- Appropriate management information is in place at relevant levels
- Clear escalation requirements are in place and are understood
- Matters needing attention are followed up by the appropriate person and that necessary action is taken promptly
- Duties are appropriately segregated
- European branches are at all times in compliance with Capital and Liquidity rules
- Reviewing the competence, knowledge, skills and performance of staff, or effectively controlling and supervising such review by other officers of the business
- Arranging suitable cover for managerial and other vacancies, or effectively controlling and supervising such arrangements by other officers of the business
Submitting to management:
- Appropriate management information highlighting relevant issues with appropriate frequency
- Any other reports requested
Leading and reinforcing the firms culture and high standards of conduct & compliance with obligations of Fitness and Probity under the CBI and European requirements
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- A graduate degree in accounting, finance or business or equivalent experience
- Significant finance/management accounting experience gained within a regulated financial services institution, preferably within a global investment bank (and ideally significant product control experience)
- Qualified accountants (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, or equivalent) will be preferred for this role
- Fluency in English is essential, ability to speak or write other European languages is advantageous
- Sound verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to organise cross functional groups together in a structured manner to achieve management objectives
- Effective Finance change manager
- Able to demonstrate ability to prioritise effectively and multi task
- Track record of delivery
- Demonstrable accounting knowledge
- Team player
- Must be dedicated and show initiative
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.