IFDS Data Migration Test Lead, Officer
Main purpose of role:
Reporting to the Data Migration Test Manager, the Data Migration Test Lead is responsible for co-ordinating the preparation and execution of data migration testing activities within IFDS Europe. This activity is usually associated with new business wins and involves the migration of client data onto IFDS systems.
Key responsibilities will include; reporting into the Data Migration Test Manager; co-ordinating a small, dedicated migration team of permanent and contract test analysts; reporting on project statuses to a potentially senior audience; monitoring the activity and capacity of junior team members; leading execution of QA projects while adhering to test frameworks, processes and tools defined by the Data Migration Test Manager; contributing to project plans with a focus on time, cost and compliance.
The candidate will be expected to create and implement a migration test approach, test plan and test scripts for a given migration project. These will be based on industry best practice and standards and will ensure all subsequent work adheres to those standards and guidelines.
The role may require occasional travel to IFDS offices in Luxembourg, Poland and Canada. Specific duties:
Matrix Management Responsibilities:
- Ensure the Data Migration Test Team adheres to the IFDS data migration test methodology by distributing work and steering the data migration test team in activities such as; planning, scripting, data preparation, test execution, and governance.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams of testers, operations staff and technical resources in the execution and creation of test scripts and test plans, scheduling work, milestone and resource plans.
- Responsible for managing own and Migration Test Team's quality of output through all project phases, such as; requirements analysis; test design; test execution; test results evaluation; defect triage; problem resolution; adherence to governance standards; and re-planning activities.
- Complete testing of inbound client data files. Ensure that the data is mapped in accordance with requirements and is loaded correctly into target systems using manual and automated techniques.
- Interact with migration project stakeholders on broad strategies and methods to improve migration test plans and processes. Has a complete understanding the overall migration test strategy.
- Act as the initial escalation point for the Data Migration Test Team. Investigate possible root causes of problems and is capable of proposing multiple alternative solutions, analyse risks and benefits for a range of potential solutions. Feed these back into internal best practises at close of project.
- Analyse and report on overall test status and results, troubleshoot issues directly where possible and escalate where necessary and appropriate to relevant stakeholders, manage risks to the success of the project.
- Work with all program streams to execute dress rehearsal and go live weekend test plans and scripts.
- Ensure that all client data is responsibly managed according to IFDS policy and regulatory requirements.
- Generate high quality test plans and test results for each project the team are engaged with.
- Create comprehensive test documentation with well-defined, reusable test scripts that are traceable back to requirements.
- Provide reporting to Data Migration Test Manager and, when needed, internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Contribute to a shift left philosophy by contributing to requirement gathering, providing detailed feedback based on working knowledge of the system being changed and best practice requirements validation.
- React dynamically to changing priorities.
- Quality Focused
- All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities;
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery;
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the client (internal and external);
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance;
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties;
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
- To adhere to company values of Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership in all tasks and interactions
- Test Analysts
- Operational SMEs (Subject Matter Experts)
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- IFDS Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which IFDS operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled.
- Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- The incumbent is required to respect the IFDS approach to client care and must demonstrate due regard to the interests of our clients and in any and all third party dealings.
- 4 + years testing experience in a similar environment. At least 1 year at a similar level.
- Proven ability to deliver high profile, complex projects to tight timescales.
- Strong self-management; willingness to take on high-profile commitments, works to deliver results through setbacks, eager to improve standards.
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
- Proven ability to plan and execute multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Full software development lifecycle experience in waterfall and agile environments.
- Good stakeholder management skills and risk-assessment abilities.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Awareness of latest testing methodologies & technologies.
- Experience in developing test plans and strategies, for functional, non-functional, manual and automated testing.
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience of managing large data migration projects.
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong TA domain knowledge.
- Experience managing and querying databases.
- ISTQB Test Management Qualification.
- Computer Science Degree
- Experience testing in a Transfer Agency operation with experience of iFAST or other TA core systems