Irish Fund Compliance Advisory, Associate/Vice President
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's Compliance Department protects BlackRock's reputation and provides client focussed advice. The department is a dynamic environment with the team focused understanding and advising on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients' interests and assist the business in translating compliance requirements and expectations into their daily work;
- Putting client interests at the centre of everything we do;
- Ensuring adherence to, and providing advice on, applicable laws, regulations and BlackRock Compliance policies;
- Collaborating with the business to position Compliance centrally into their daily work;
- Encouraging and improving the compliance culture within BlackRock;
- Providing thought leadership, analysis and advice on the impact of the regulatory framework on the business and its clients
- Developing and encouraging excellence within the Compliance team; and
- Actively developing the skills and careers of each member of the Compliance team
We currently have an open Associate/VP position within our Line of Business Compliance team in Dublin in our Product and Performance team.
Our Product and Performance team works in partnership with other BLK functions and businesses across EMEA, to support the regulatory risks and compliance of our fund offerings across multiple jurisdictions including Ireland, Luxembourg, UK and Netherlands, incorporating both active and passive strategies across multiple asset classes.
The Product & Performance team provides professional compliance advice and oversight to BlackRock's Global Product Group, Portfolio Management Group and Trading team within the EMEA Region in respect of BlackRock's EMEA funds. This includes provision of advice on EMEA domiciled UCITS and AIFs amongst other tasks including advising on and interpreting investment guidelines in relation to investment decisions, supporting product implementation as part of product launch processes, engaging with third party trustees and depositaries and fund management company boards. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to engage with a broad range of business divisions including other EMEA Compliance teams and investment staff in relation to the regulatory framework. In addition, successful candidates will have the opportunity to further develop and enhance procedures within the team to ensure consistency and operational excellence.
The role will predominantly involve the provision of compliance advice for the funds under the Irish UCITS Management Company/AIFM which manages in excess of 500 funds across multiple asset classes and investment styles, including ETF's, Money Market Funds, Liability Driven Investment funds with an AUM in excess of $700 billion.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate relevant regulatory knowledge and experience within financial services having gained at least 5 years meaningful experience with a 'buy-side' asset manager. Ideally, the candidate will have proven experience working with Irish fund regulation such as UCITS and AIFMD. Key responsibilities/elements of role will include:
- Collaborating closely with portfolio managers and other investment staff including dealers in relation to the regulatory framework, including advising on UCITS and AIFMD requirements, including eligibility, limits and concentration, conduct of business requirements and the application of BlackRock compliance policies;
- Providing advisory support in relation to the coding framework for our EMEA domiciled fund ranges;
- Working on projects to support the product pipeline including new fund launches, closures, mergers and fund changes. This typically involves reviewing offering documentation, preparation of fund manager guidelines and approval of marketing collateral;
- Working with the local Irish Compliance Officers to provide proactive qualitative compliance advice, including to the Irish UCITS Manco/AIFM Board;
- Being responsible for and liaison with third-party service providers, including depositories, trustees, auditors, administrators and fund accountants;
- Coordinating projects that involve cross Line of Business teamwork, including for example regulatory change developments. Reviewing regulatory developments in areas of responsibility and involvement as the compliance partner;
- Implementation of regulatory change regarding fund regulation (such as AIFMD, UCITS)
- Reporting and communication on Compliance matters to senior management, corporate and/or fund boards and BlackRock business partners;
- Provide compliance advice, representation and guidance to the following committees/business areas: EMEA Pricing Committee and KIID Committee;
- Maintain relationships with key partners within the business including but not limited to areas of responsibility and attending regular management meetings as appropriate.
- The ideal candidate will have compliance advisory experience within a 'buy-side' asset manager, excellent interpersonal skills, combining energy, passion, resilience, resourcefulness, tact and above all, good judgement under pressure;
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate sophisticated situations to senior business representatives;
- Develop robust strategies to lead a changing regulatory environment, to allow the business to make more informed decisions on the basis of sound evidence and analysis;
- Build and maintain balanced & successful relationships;
- Self-motivated and solutions-driven with ability to utilise initiative and think laterally to navigate problems;
- Strong presentation skills and effective in writing;
- Persuasive and influential in provision of Compliance advice to an internal client base;
- High standard of accuracy and excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to collaborate across teams/functions and also work autonomously with minimal direct supervision;
- Knowledge of Irish UCITS & AIFs a distinct advantage (UK and Lux UCITS also considered);
- Experience with funds offering an environmental and sustainable investment outlook also an advantage.
- 4+ years financial services experience with a focus on regulation;
- Educated to degree level, possibly with a professional qualification e.g., ACA, CFA, IMC;
- Solid understanding of Fund Regulation including UCITS and AIFMD.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.