Product Oversight and Governance - Associate
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's pre-eminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximising outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets.
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Do you thrive in an environment that champions positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $7 trillion of assets, we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Technology and Operations ("Tech Ops") is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. Tech Ops establishes and coordinates operational procedures internally and externally with clients, custodians, accounting agents, prime brokers, broker-dealers and other vendors and is responsible for managing BlackRock's relationships. Global Fund Distribution Partner ("FDP") Operations is a unit within Tech Ops.
FD Services is responsible for the initial and ongoing due diligence monitoring of third-party FDP firms to protect the interest of BlackRock and our shareholders. The FDP team is involved in all phases of the lifecycle of an FDP firms' relationship with BlackRock, from initial risk rating, onboarding, ongoing monitoring and termination.
- Partner with teams across BlackRock to help ensure that FDP risks are understood and are consistent with BlackRock objectives and risk tolerances.
- Work closely with FDP partners to develop risk centric programs that protect our firm, funds, and clients actively addressing systemic risks, utilizing significant metrics and holding providers accountable for service excellence.
- Manage onboarding, change events and offboarding to service our fund distribution partners.
- Construct documents and presentations to be used with regulators, fund boards, and BlackRock's risk constituents, communicating our program and associated findings.
- Lead and prioritize process re-design initiatives to deliver greater scale and expand our programs across the technology and operations ecosystem.
- Develop key provider data and metrics that deliver significant insights and drive data driven decisions.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of meaningful investment industry within a cross border management company, outsourced fund service provider, investment consultant or professional services firm with knowledge of the wider distribution landscape for regulated investment products.
- Strong commitment to service excellence with the analytical ability to synthesize information and summarise issues. Attention to detail and ability to prioritize the most critical business issues.
- Experience in data analytics, or consulting experience, with proven track record of technical development and business insight.
- Ability to identify and approach situations with a risk-based methodology and craft creative solutions.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills. Intellectual passion and interpersonal skills to establish credibility with senior managers and their teams.
- Self-starter who is results driven and possesses a high degree of self-motivation.
- Inventive, dedicated teammate, able to work with people of all levels.
- Strong cross team relationship-building skills, capable of adapting style of communication to audiences of different technical knowledge and backgrounds.
- Excellent computer and communications skills
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment!
- You are a key stakeholder in the onboarding and offboarding of FDP partners and manage the ongoing relationship.
- You stay ahead of industry developments and ensure BlackRock is well positioned to use the scale of our business model.
- Fluent English a pre-requisite with proficiency in any of the following languages an advantage; (French, German, Italian).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.