Senior Marketing Specialist
- Dublin, Leinster, Irland Dublin Leinster IE
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
Senior Marketing Specialist
BALI, part of Banc of America Leasing is seeking a senior specialist in Commercial Aircraft Marketing for its international aircraft financing and leasing business. BALI's existing aircraft leasing portfolio includes commercial aircraft operated by top tier passenger and cargo operators across the world. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the successful candidate will be a key team member in executing on BALI's business plan delivering operating leases and secured debt products in the commercial aircraft sector.
Banc of America Leasing is the leasing and asset finance business of Bank of America Merrill Lynch. It is a global market leader with a lease and loan portfolio of $50 billion and 900 associates worldwide.
The primary focus is to leverage the Bank's worldwide franchise and airline relationships. Candidates will have ten plus years direct relevant marketing experience within the aircraft financing and leasing sector with a proven and demonstrated track record in end to end transaction origination, negotiation and execution. The successful candidate will have deep secured debt structuring experience in addition to strong leasing knowledge.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Marketing the Banks aircraft financing and leasing capabilities
- Originating operating leases (sale and leaseback) and secured financing transactions directly with airlines
- Originating aircraft financing solutions for investors and aircraft lessors
- Managing bank club and syndication partners
- Aircraft trading with lessors and tax investors
- Placing aircraft on operating lease (after return off lease)
Relationship management responsibilities will focus on a broad range of clients and counterparties including:
- Airline customers
- Aircraft Lessors and trading partners
- Banks, Financial institutions and tax investors that are involved in aircraft financing.
The position/qualification requirements as described are at a senior marketing specialist level; however, depending upon the qualifications met by the candidate, the role could be filled at the marketing specialist level.
Required Skill Set
- Broad and detailed understanding of the commercial aircraft leasing market including knowledge of market pricing trends, lease rates and aircraft values.
- Extensive network of industry contacts
- Preparing and leading direct pitches to clients, counterparties and internal stakeholders
- Analytical and commercial focus
- Transaction management including formulation of letters of intent, leading documentation negotiation and transaction closing with an ability to add value during structuring and negotiation
- Detailed knowledge of operating lease documentation including
- market standard terms and conditions
- commercial implications of technical issues
- documentation of return conditions
- issues pertaining to aircraft ownership, legal title and financing
- Experience in acquiring aircraft directly from the manufacturer
- Understanding of the issues involved in the structuring and pricing of senior secured debt on aircraft
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- 10+ years in aircraft leasing and marketing with knowledge of operating lease transaction and debt structures
- Highly numerate with strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to travel extensively as necessary to support the responsibilities of the role
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.