Analyst, Tax Processing x 5 (Graduate Role)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role
As part of the International Tax Services (ITS) team, the Tax Analyst is at the center of the International withholding tax processing, Reporting to the Team leader, responsibilities will be to ensure that team request, record and manage Northern Trust's client tax documentation, and accurately identify, process and track tax reclaims on behalf of Northern Trusts global client base so as to ensure maximum tax benefits. The role will require responding quickly and professionally to inquiries in an accurate and timely manner and a focus to continually improve the service offered to clients. Principal Responsibilities:
Skills / Experience Required:
- Take on assigned tasks from the Team Leader and Senior members of the team
- Process, scan, record, distribute and file large volumes of documentation received by the team on a daily basis
- Preparation of tax breakdowns and Tax reclaims
- Escalate issues as appropriate in a timely manner
- Work closely with the relevant contacts within the scope of the process, to provide the best possible service, responding to queries and escalating as appropriate
- Be aware of all service level agreements in place
- Continuously support the team to meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of all clients
- Demonstrate a strong willingness to assist others when required, building effective relationships with members of the team and other teams as well
- Review processes to identify areas for automation or improved workflow
Working with Us:
- A strong educational background - Business/Tax or legal degree or similar 3rd level qualification
- Bright, articulate and entrepreneurial with a demonstrated ability to navigate through obstacles, work under pressure and successfully deliver to tight deadlines in a fast moving business Environment
- Demonstrated client servicing capabilities and excellent communication skills.
- Must be resilient to pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly.
- Accuracy and attention to details at all times
- Numerically competent with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good core IT skills - Adobe, Excel, MS Office, Word etc
- Ability to work within a team environment
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.