Associate Sales Representative
Job Description This role is responsible for working with other sales colleagues and internal stakeholders to drive the sales process for a set of products or services. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity, arranging meetings, and contributing to sales cycle management to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with specific guidance and product overviews. Next step in career development is managing own accounts and target.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research prospect accounts to identify key contacts
- Drive bookings and recurring revenue growth by generating, qualifying, and developing sales pipeline
- Develop targeted multi-channel campaigns to generate new business opportunities
- Support more senior relationship managers in servicing larger and or/ strategic accounts.
- Maintain knowledge of new software product enhancements / features, and product messaging
- Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Manage and maintain accurate Salesforce.com notes and data to illustrate work activities and sales pipeline data
- Build relationships across client and prospect organizations to maintain desired pipeline levels
- Position requires travel (approximately 30% to 50% of your time) (not during COVID 19)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or relevant field required, preferably with coursework in banking, insurance, financial services or related fields.
- Typical candidates will have between 1-3 years' experience working in direct business-to-business sales roles, preferably with business development as main job activity.
- Understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers' business drivers.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Ability to present high-level information as well as demonstrations of products & services.
- A commanding desire to learn and succeed
- Knowledge of sales technology and CRM tools/software (e.g. Salesforce.com)
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be fluent in English, welcomed a second language knowledge
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.