Business Strategy & Corporate Affairs Head, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
The Group Head will take a lead role in oversight of Business Control, Finance, General Services, Planning, Board Office and Talent Marketplace, with focus on providing project, program management and business analysis services to business unit operations, as well as to potential and existing State Street Trust & Banking clients. They will also lead the strategic planning and new product processes for SSTB. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Business Strategy & Corporate Affairs Head, you will
What we value
- Lead and support process transformation and client implementation initiatives by identifying and implementing system and process solutions.
- Supervise a team of project managers and business analysts in the Planning Department, as well as oversight of: Business Control, Finance, General Services, Planning, Board Office and Talent Marketplace. Develop employees, raise technical skill levels across the team.
- Focus on consistent implementation of best practice project management, change management and business analysis techniques.
- Oversee total project list, provide timely, accurate assessments to senior management on the status of risks and issues across the program.
- Work closely with global and regional management to secure and manage demand for IT and project management resources.
- Lead the company's strategic planning process, including analysis to support strategy formulation, tracking execution of initiatives, and communication to staff.
- Coordinate new product management, including analysis to support discovery, prioritization and design of new products, and measures to increase adoption.
- Prepare management reporting to support governance and decision making. Manage the company-wide workforce planning process.
These skills will help you succeed in this role Project Management & Business Analysis
- Ability to ensure an accurate, thorough understanding of project risks, requirements and alternatives.
- Ability to conduct high level analysis involving complex business requirements and processes involving multiple stakeholders (client, operations, IT) and recommend solutions aligned to the overall company strategy.
- Ability to produce technical and business documentation for process improvements, systems enhancements and development activities
- Management of all project resources and timeframes to ensure deliverables are met
- Ability to oversee budget and ensure financial accountability
- Communicate effectively with all people both on the project team and across the organisation
- Ensure adequate follow up and resolution of any project issues
- Ensure solutions are implemented
Education & Preferred Qualifications Knowledge & Experience
- Proactively support President ＆ CEO from the perspective of managing the bank in Japan
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal - Ability to communicate effectively with people of all levels
- Ability to present ideas effectively on an individual and larger audience level
- Ordered, disciplined approach to projects
- Good time management
- Strong client orientation
- Strong negotiation and people skills
- Self motivated and able to work both independently and in a team
- Strong facilitator/co-ordinator
- Results orientated
- Well organised
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure and volatile environments
- Team player
- Able to adapt to changing requirements/work environment
- Tertiary qualifications and 15 years equivalent experience
- Financial services experience/strong market knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of re-engineering and change management concepts
- Presentations skills
- Project management skills
- Strong verbal, written and numeracy skills
- Experience of interaction at Board/Executive management level of business
- Good liaison skills across all levels of the organisation
- Japanese language ability a strong plus
- "Can do" mindset, proactive and self-motivated with problem solving
About State Street What we do.
- Excellent PC Skills
- Software: Microsoft Project, Power Point, Word, Excel, Access
- Flowcharting Visio software
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers