- Tokyo, Tōkyō, Japan
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan McKinley - Tokyo
- 14 Nov 18
Take a hands-on approach to management for an ambitious IT team in a fast-growing app startup company.
- Direct the schedule of IT projects in order to guarantee timely project completion.
- Provide assistance to engineers in career development, and participate in the recruiting process for new engineers.
- Play an active role in all stages of the software development life cycle for frontend and backend applications, including the coding process.
- Optimize IT standards, tools and processes.
- Act in a technical support role for clients on occasion.
- Previous experience managing a group of at least three engineers working on mobile and Web.
- A strong technical background.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese or fluency in English and Japanese
- Experience with open source projects.
- Experience with startup companies.
- A good sense of design.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
About our client
This position is for a Japanese startup company developing an interesting and unique food recommendation / online payment service app. The company greatly values an international work environment, as the employees are a mix of Japanese nationals and foreigners. They are dedicated in their mission to provide a secure, reliable and accessible service.
The current team in Tokyo consists of about twenty people, and is looking to increase this to thirty. As this relatively small startup company is looking to expand, this is a great opportunity for an engineering manager to let their individual talent shine through and make a truly meaningful impact.
The company prides itself on its casual and friendly atmosphere . No suits, or other formal wear are needed in the office. This is a company that values self-expression and efficiency more so than tradition, and the company's amazing growth shows that this innovation-focused approach has benefited it tremendously.
This is not the typical engineering management position. As this is a small company, you will be required to participate directly as a programmer rather than simply acting as a supervisor. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual who wants to do something more meaningful as a manager, while satisfying their programming itch.
Morgan McKinley Asia Pac is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.