Financial Data Analysts have a significant input to the ratings and research process by analyzing financial statements and data provided by Issuers.
- The FDA uses accounting and finance knowledge and judgment to perform financial statement analysis, adjust reported data per relevant methodology requirements and review and analyze ratios
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding financial statements, official statements and other documents related to issuers’ performance
- Work directly with ratings and support analysts to explain the data, adjustments and other information needed by the rating team for ratings and research
- Frequently liaise with analysts and accounting specialists in order to understand the application of accounting concepts on a particular entity
- Create documentation and provide guidance to support analysts and outsourcers
- Review, adjust and publish data to external market participants
- Regularly interact with Moody's ratings analysts regarding financial and operational data needed for analysis and publications
- In addition to regular daily responsibilities, FDAs will have the opportunity to work on new projects such as technology projects, accounting changes, analytic reviews, methodology updates and implementation of process improvements
- The team is regularly provided with valuable training classes and interaction with Analysts as part of knowledge transfer and career growth
- The FDA position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- B.A. or B.S. degree required; specializations in Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience required (can include internship experience)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel, such as pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Knowledge or prior experience in analyzing financial statements is required
- Knowledge or prior experience in accounting is a plus
- Individual must be organized, dependable, able to multi-task and manage priorities, display initiative, and have the ability to work independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, communication (verbal & written), and interpersonal skills are required
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly transition as priorities change to meet demands
- Fluency in reading and spoken English and Japanese to review English and Japanese financial statements.
- Fluency in Korean or Chinese is a plus to support other regions.