Human Resources, Talent Development – Talent and Diversity & Inclusion Advisor, Manager/Director, Tokyo
- Tokyo, Tōkyō, Japan
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Okt 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is seeking a professional to join their Talent Development Team to focus on D iversity & I nclusion (D&I) initiatives for its Tokyo office and support regional initiatives . The global Talent Development team works with and through Human Resources to provide practical, relevant, and enduring talent development solutions for professionals, managers, and leaders globally. The role is based in Tokyo, working closely with regional colleagues and clients to align and implement Diversity & Inclusion initiatives and events to meet country, regional and global objectives. This position also coordinates the learning and development needs of internal clients and designing and delivering appropriate solutions to meet these needs.
Diversity and Inclusion
· Designing, delivering and managing cross-divisional Diversity and Inclusion activities and projects in collaboration with Talent Management, and Diversity Council, and Business Unit Stakeholders
· Partnering with local HR Coverage and Diversity Council Representatives to analyse workforce data, identifying trends and themes and collaborating on resulting divisional recruitment, talent retention and development initiatives, providing advice and support on execution.
· Communications lead for increasing D&I messaging and awareness internally and externally. Refreshing diversity marketing materials, internal and external website content and any other social or digital promotions relating to diversity. Compiling external award nominations
· Partnering with the Campus and Experienced Talent Acquisition teams, on the delivery of cross-divisional and divisional diversity recruiting initiatives.
- Liaise with HR Generalists, Business Leaders, and Talent Development to identify scope, create, and evaluate leader, manager, and professional talent development initiatives.
- Recommend relevant, practical, and enduring talent development solutions, in line with key business goals, talent development model and key talent development data.
- Manage training vendors – be involved in the process of identifying, empaneling and assessing trainers for programs
- Communicate throughout HR talent development needs and trends
· Good working knowledge of, and experience in diversity, equality and belonging from both an academic and corporate/consulting perspective.
· Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
· Proven ability to think strategically and creatively.
· Strong communicator who can build solid relationships at all levels of the organisation and influence collaborative outcomes.
· Ability to appropriately influence senior decision-makers and is resilient when challenged on difficult messages.
· Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills, in both English and Japanese
· Proactive, enthusiastic and “hands on” approach.
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
· Collaborative with ability to work in partnership with various global, regional and local stakeholders across the business
· 8+ years working in a corporate environment
· BA Degree required
· Understanding of current issues and best practices in D&I and/or talent development space / passionate to learn global trend
· Prior experience in supporting Diversity and Inclusion initiatives an advantage
· Prior learning and development/organizational development consulting experience in financial services an advantage
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).