Level 2/3 Application Support (Production Support)
- Tokyo, Tōkyō, Japan
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 14 Nov 18
See job description for details
The Morgan Stanley (www.morganstanley.com) Operations team is part of the Asia real-time marketdata production management group, which is responsible for support, and maintenance of the core marketdata platforms. The Operations team is integral to this group supporting our in-house distribution system called filter, which is used to supply real-time data to our clients. The direct exchange feeds, vendor feeds and in-house feeds which make up the inputs to this system are also supported by operations.
Several Vendor realtime data distribution systems are also supported by this team.
The Role is :-
- Working along side the existing team members on a shift basis.
- Monitoring and outage management on a daily basis.
- Ready For Business cover and check outs
- End of Day cover and check outs
- Manage the rtmd hotline
- Fault finding based on problem tickets and direct escalation from users and other IT groups.
- Working with feed integration teams within marketdata to facilitate checkouts of changes made by these groups.
- Weekend Checks and Ready For Business checks
- Provide oncall cover as required
- Maintain monitoring processes to be used globally
- Liaise with Vendors and Exchanges in relation to data and feed issues.
- Manage or participate in the implementation and rollout of new services and products.
- Perform or assist in software decommission, installation, upgrades in accordance with Morgan Stanley's Change Control Procedures.
- Support global Market Data teams as part of a "follow the sun" support model
- Provide validation service for the implementation and rollout of new services
- Document, implement and adhere to operational and technical standards, best practices, processes, and procedures (problem/change/release/request management/service/time reporting)
- Understand and apply contractual and operational requirements
- Assist with identifying and implementing areas for improvement within existing operational and technical processes and maintain related documentation
- Log Tickets, incidents and outages to track work flow.
- UNIX/Linux : Candidates need to be proficient in navigating UNIX servers, have good knowledge of the majority of operational functions in UNIX and be able to read / write and maintain unix shell scripts.
- Networking (eg TCP/IP): understand the concepts of TCP/IP and data transfer.
- Problem solving skills: Must be able to tackle problems based on limited information, be able to seek out solutions and work around problems
- Inter-personal skills/communication - Good cross-region communication skills are essential as there is regular interaction with the European / NY and Asian based teams and regular interaction with support groups from other areas of IT.
These candidates must be able to communicate clearly, concisely to minimize misunderstandings, and to ensure fast and accurate dissemination of information.
- Ability to learn new systems - A desire to learn new systems and processes & be willing to adapt to changes in the production environment that may also require learning of new skills
Would be useful (not mandatory) to have Product Knowledge for one or more of the below areas.
- Reuters (Elektron)
- Vendor DataFeeds
- Low Latency delivery systems
- Contributions (Reuters MLIP , Bloomberg)
- PERL scripting