Asia Pacific Securities Services Operations is a business line within the Securities Services business. Securities Services Operations covers a number of key functions, Custody, Client Account Services, Trading Services and Global Fund Services operations which provides operational support to global custody clients across Asia.
Asia Pacific Securities Services Operations is a business line within the CIB operations team supporting the Securities Services business across Asia Pacific. Securities Services Operations covers a number of key functions, Custody, Client Account Services, Trading Services and Global Fund Services operations which provides operational support to global custody clients across the Asia Pacific region with teams located across APAC supported by processing teams based in the Corporate Centers across Philippines and India.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for leadership and management of the Custody middle office operations team in Tokyo, Japan with strong links to the Manila Corporate center based teams supporting Asia Pacific processing
- Oversee the Custody operations including; client facing operational interaction, custody trade & FX processing, asset servicing, cash processing, custody settlements and transition management
- Will be the Team Lead in Tokyo for the Securities services operations including; client account services and global fund services as we build out the foot print in Japan for Securities Services
- You will partner with key stakeholders across Product, Technology, Business control, Operational risk, Compliance and Audit in addition to global and regional Securities Services operational teams
- This role will report to the APAC Head of Custody Operations
To be successful you will need:
- At least ten years of experience in an Operations function within a Corporate and Investment Banking business along with relevant degree education preferred
- Proven experience in leading large teams, complex processes and full end-to-end knowledge of all Custody services (Trade, FX & Cash processing, Asset Servicing, Settlements, Tax, Client Service)
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and clients to understand client behavior and requirements as well as successful leadership and staff development including attracting and developing top talent
- A track record of working in a dynamic changing environment with the experience of learning, documenting and implementing new processes efficiently
- Capacity to multi-task, manage time effectively and work under pressure and to fixed deadlines with attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Able to articulate and clearly document business goals, strategies, operating models, functions and activities along with excellent oral and written communication skills to management, clients and colleagues
- Fluent in Japanese will be highly preferred