Senior Solution Architect
Company & department description
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide. In 2014 SWIFT processed more than 5.6 billion FIN messages. You will have a key role in supporting the sales of SWIFT products and services by providing technology expertise and support to relationship managers in the (region). Responsibilities
You will have a key role in supporting the Commercial organisation in our Tokyo office to achieve revenue targets by providing technical and pre-sales expertise to customers and the sales organisation. You will be a Senior Solution Architect and advisor to our customers and support their solution and service proposal definition and where required support the Commercial team in presenting and explaining the solution. You will be an expert selected SWIFT products and services to achieve this.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Perform product demonstrations. Demonstrate value of SWIFT technology solutions versus alternatives. Explain SWIFT solutions roadmap's at customer sites, working closely with sales. Provide pre-sales information. Present SWIFT products and technology solutions at customer events.
- Meet with customers to understand detailed level needs and requirements, prepare proposals and validate with senior team members to make recommendations on best practice solutions for medium size/complexity/risk projects. Maintain and develop knowledge of architecture/design technologies, integration and future industry trends. Provide resiliency and security advice. Overcome objections of a technical nature.
- Translate business requirements into a Project Plan with full involvement of the project team. Analyze detail systems factors: input/output requirements; information flow; technical requirements; resources needed and select the appropriate SWIFT products and services to build a customer proposal.
- Monitor, maintain and report to team, customers and project office on the project status on a continuous basis and for the duration of the project. Re-validation of the business requirements translation of a project. Ensure the project stays on track by pro-actively controlling actual status of cost, schedule, quality, resources versus plans and by taking corrective action for issues under his/her direct control. Review status of all (region) projects on a regular basis, escalating all exceptions.
- Assist with the ordering, provisioning and software license procedures. Assist with preparation for installation and integration activities. Ensure a smooth handover to Customer services.
- Build and develop working relationships with customer management responsible for the customer SWIFTNet infrastructure.
- Analyze customer escalated problems, develop and propose solutions to customer.
- Represent SWIFT at SWIFT user groups, seminars and workshops.
- In line with team objectives, support (region) teams by defining processes, transferring knowledge for the SWIFT platform as well as SWIFT Solutions.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or IT related fields, or equivalent experience.
- 10-15 years experience in IT development, operations or transaction banking product management experience.
- Experience in SWIFT products, services and standards would be advantageous.
- Experience in banking, financial services, or market infrastructures as a market participant or vendor.
- Experience in a multi-cultural and multi-country team environment would be advantageous.
- Fluent in English and Japanese Language
- Strong communication and client engagement skills. Ability to frame customer problems, gather requirements and articulate a business and IT solution in an effective manner.