UNIX Scripting Developer
- Tokyo, Tōkyō, Japan
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Nov 18
See job description for details
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join the high energy development team responsible for delivering Morgan Stanley's global application security assessment infrastructure; a large scale system leveraging a wide range of technologies and positively impacting the daily developer experience Firm-wide.
This position will focus on the development of tooling to support firm-wide hygiene programs that enable production managers and developers to identify and manage security vulnerabilities in their code and positively impacts the state of application security throughout the Firm.
This position contributes to:
- Development of the global application security infrastructure used by all operations and development personnel
- Systems, network and application troubleshooting for production systems
- Technical support for products developed by the team
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong scripting (Python/Perl) skills
- Strong knowledge of UNIX operating system and kernel.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Background in UNIX system administration and system management.
- Good read/written English communication skills.
- Independent problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing
- Excellent teamwork
Additional desired skills include
- Shell/Perl/Python development experience
- Network (TCP/IP)
- Experience with complex IT Systems is an advantage
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).