Entry-level Quality Engineer (Canada)
With the growth of smart phones, tablets and new operating systems requiring constant updates daily, quality products are more critical than ever before. Cognizant's Quality Engineering & Assurance (QEA) practice partners with you to bolster development initiatives, providing reliable support across a range of hardware and software, testing infrastructure, and testing products that ensure automated test coverage and drive product quality.
As an Entry-Level Quality Engineer, you will become part of our Canada based QEA practice, which provides a full range of QEA services to our Canadian clients across multiple industry sectors, including automation test development, agile QE, DevOps engineering, performance testing, manual testing, test design, and test consulting.
- Business Focus \t
- Know your customer: understand the client's business processes and how the software being tested impacts the client's business \t
- Become a quality evangelist - advocate right bugs to fix and reject the ones that would put client's end customers at risk \t
- Map client's business process to your testing methodology \t
- Quality Focus \t
- Work with Analysts, Developers, and PM teams to identify what needs to be tested in existing or new features of the software product \t
- Understanding of QA process for software development, debugging and release \t
- Ability to objectively review and qualify objective data \t
- Technology Focus \t
- Become a 'future focused' quality assurance (QA) leader: develop a good understanding of rising trends in the QA industry (QE, DevOps, Agile QA & Digital) and apply these technologies to your client's QA environment \t
- Gain knowledge of the architecture of the client's system - code structure, underlying database, and interactions with other software \t
- Find new and interesting ways of breaking the software using automated and manual tests \t
- Learn new tools/technologies to automate tests, such as Selenium, Tosca, Cucumber Java, and Python
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Preferred majors include: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems \t
- Understanding fundamentals of software development life cycle and importance of quality management and processes \t
- Hands on demonstrable development experience in Selenium, Python, JAVA, .Net (C#), C++, or equivalent programming languages \t
- Actively participate in developing complex applications involving cutting edge technology and frameworks \t
- Self-motivated individuals with strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills with the passion and appetite to learn newer technologies \t
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills \t
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
Quality Engineers will be deployed to the Cognizant office in Halifax, Nova Scotia where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions. Applicants must be willing to relocate to this major geographic area.
Quality Engineers will start in 2 cohorts: January or June 2023. While we will attempt to honor candidate start date preferences, business need and position availability will determine final start date assignment.
Why Choose Us?
Cognizant delivers solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of our associates. You will be supported by high-caliber experts and employ some of the most advanced and patented capabilities. Our associate's diverse backgrounds offer varied perspectives and fuel new ways of thinking. We encourage lively discussions which inspire better results for our clients.
If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you.
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in Canada without requiring company sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Aug 29 2022
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.