Senior Relationship Consultant, OEM Portfolio
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
Wells Fargo first conducted business in Canada in 1854 and since then has continued to build a strong presence across the country. Wells Fargo now offers a broad range of financial products and services through multiple lines of business operating throughout Canada.
Wells Fargo Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) provides inventory financing solutions, services, and intelligence through in-depth industry expertise and a commitment to customers. As a leading provider in specialized financing and servicing solutions to over 40,000 customers globally, CDF delivers when it comes to helping facilitate the manufacturing, distribution, and sale of products across a variety of industries - from Powersports, Marine, and Recreational Vehicles, to Outdoor Lawn & Garden, Agriculture, Technology, and Electronics & Appliances.
This role manages vendor portfolio control for assigned accounts and serves as liaison between Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and CDF (Dealer Portfolio Management, Operations, Commercial Team and Special Asset Group). Responsibilities:
- Work with Commercial Team and OEMs to add/modify programs and develop operating routines for special programs such as rental program, demo programs
- Work with Portfolio Managers, resolve invoicing and order issues for CDF Account Managers, Operations and customers
- Assist OEMs in COMS/EDI issues re: order approval process, invoices, reporting, etc.
- Notify OEMs of dealer default and seek OEMs' assistance in clearing deficiencies
- Follow up with OEM for returns and outstanding held credits and collect outstanding interest charges
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address file conditions and to ensure compliance
- Follow up with OEMs for financial statements
- Handle OEMs' request for portfolio and interest exposure info needed for OEMs' auditors
- Support request other than the above from OEMs to ensure that we solve customers' problems and meet their needs
- Review/audit key customers' credit review currency and program limits
- Prepare program structure slides which go into the credit pitch; review program terms in system, documentation and last credit approval and identify/resolve gaps if any
- Monitor OEM exposure on a weekly basis and manage orders if the OME account is placed on HOLD due to high utilization
- Prepare and present monthly portfolio review; identify and elevate negative trends within portfolio
- Manage inactive customer account process via working with Risk Process Leaders and Deal Closing Team
Market Skills and Certifications Minimum Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in commercial finance underwriting, portfolio management, or a combination of both
- General knowledge of accounting principles and financial statements
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to recognize deteriorating loan performance
- Ability to work in a matrixed and performance based organization
- Ability to write and speak clearly and concisely with excellent communication skills
- 3+ years account management and administration experience. Banking and collections experience would be an asset
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience in a compliance focused environment with an emphasis on unyielding integrity.
- Knowledge of Inventory Financing would be an asset.
- Process improvement training and expertise (i.e. Lean or Six Sigma training)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.