- Toronto, ON, Kanada
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Assistant Director- Systems Engineer
Standort: Toronto, ON, KanadaRole: ( JOB SUMMARY)
This role is responsible for contributing to the implementation and upgrade of hardware and software systems, and working with the development team leads on the technical and architectural direction of projects. The role will also be responsible for conducting monitoring, testing and troubleshooting of systems, and will contribute to the development of standards for hardware and software
- Execute advanced tasks and implement projects related to the implementation, upgrade and/or streamlining of various systems that may include operating systems, database and utilities software, LAN and/or WAN systems, and/or telecommunications voice/wire systems.
- Contribute to the development of standards for hardware and core operating software for all environments, including hardware standards for network, voice systems, servers, storage and workstations, operating systems, firmware, and application programs.
- Conduct analysis of business problems/user requirements to ensure appropriate technologies are used to integrate company processes and customer requirements.
- Test and troubleshoot complex and/or high priority systems during development and/or post implementation.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of various systems.
- Work with the development team leads (Software Architects) on the technical and architectural direction of projects.
- May be responsible for reviewing the work of junior team members and provide guidance from a technical perspective
This role is part of the System Designs Team.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in information systems, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent preferred.
- Graduate degree a plus.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Advanced knowledge of various systems, the system development life cycle, and system and application development.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in IT financial sector is a plus.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to stay up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the industry.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Certification in relevant technologies a plus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.