- Toronto, ON, Kanada
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Assistant Director - Senior Database Developer
Standort: Toronto, ON, KanadaOverview:
The system programmer is responsible for designing and implementing new features that require significant knowledge in the database design and programming, object oriented design, programming complex data conversions, assisting actuarial programmers in writing fast and reliable database related code, profiling and developing code to improve database performance.
- Initially, learn as much as possible about AXIS database architecture and structure, insurance products and various aspects of insurance operations and the various supporting applications
- Write efficient, bug-free code in compliance with GGY programming standards
- Write concise documentation in help text, KB articles and comments in code
- Present new ideas to improve database design and performance
- Other duties as assigned
This role is part of our Systems Design Team.
- Graduate computer science degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Comprehensive knowledge of database technologies (database design principles, SQL, DAO, ADO, ODBC, OLE DB)
- Experience in working with SQL Server and programming for it
- Comprehensive knowledge of C++ and C#/.Net technology
- Experienced in software design and development
- Experienced in designing high performance database applications and performance tuning
- In-depth knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and N-tier application
- Hands-on knowledge of VBA or similar scripting languages
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging programming defects in large applications
- 7+ years of experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment
- Excellent research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.