- Toronto, ON, Kanada
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Assistant Director - Sr. Database Developer
Standort: Toronto, ON, KanadaThe Sr. Database developer is responsible for creating specifications, designing, programming, checking and documenting AXIS database features and architecture. This involves internal object and result storage as well as external connectivity and export/import database solutions. This role is also required to provide troubleshooting and support to technical support analysts. In addition, the Sr. Database developer is responsible for mentoring and supervising Junior Programmers. This role reports to the System Design Team Lead as part of the System Design Team.
- Lead developing of the system features utilizing Database design and programming
- Oversee the Database architecture of AXIS and related products
- Create technical documents for external clients and internal colleagues
- Provide solutions for GGY users based on their needs
- Provide client support for end users on Database related issues (both internal and external).
- Provide technical training for new clients.
- Provide technical direction for junior programmers.
- Perform code review with other programmers.
- Provide programming and debugging support for actuarial programmers.
- Research and review new technologies that can be integrated into company product
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate computer science degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Comprehensive knowledge of database technologies (database design principles, SQL, DAO, ADO, ODBC, OLE DB)
- Experience in working with SQL Server and programming for it
- Comprehensive knowledge of C++ and C#/.Net technology
- Experienced in software design and development
- Experienced in designing high performance database applications and performance tuning
- In-depth knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and N-tier application
- Hands-on knowledge of VBA or similar scripting languages
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging programming defects in large applications
- 7+ years of experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment
- Excellent research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.